Administrative Assistant to Corporate Development and Services
Provides a wide variety of administrative and project-based duties to Executive Vice President and the Corporate Development & Services team. Responsibilities include administrative/clerical support, organization, setting up phone appointments, making travel and meeting arrangements, author/employee relations, company-wide event coordination, following through with various projects, and general duties as requested.
Requires strong aptitude for multitasking and manage several projects or assignments at once, computer (word processing, Microsoft Office Suite, and Outlook) and internet research skills, ability to work on confidential matters with integrity, ability to work as part of a team, drive to take initiative and work independently when given a goal, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administrative duties, including: screening calls for Executive Vice President, making copies, any necessary outgoing mail, sending/receiving faxes, labels, and distributing letters, memos, reports, and projects to organize and maintain filing system.
- Manage projects as assigned by the Executive Vice President. Keep Executive Vice President informed on status of various projects.
- Record minutes/take notes in all meetings with the Executive Vice President; record minutes in Managers’ meetings once monthly.
- Fill out and maintain various forms: Expense Reports, Purchase Orders, Check Requests, FedEx Forms, etc.
- Prepare agendas upon author or Harvest House guest arrival; ensure Executive Vice President has all pertinent information prior to any meeting.
- Update the company intranet site as directed; update social media (Facebook, Twitter) as directed by CDS Manager or Executive Vice President.
- Assist in travel arrangements to tradeshows and other business trips. Reconcile travel expenses when necessary.
- Draft and/or proofread a wide variety of correspondence, i.e. letters, emails, etc. Assist in redlining documents and contracts, and independently compose correspondence related to assigned responsibilities.
- Maintain a calendar of activities, meetings and various events for the Executive Vice President.
- Maintain status of ancillary items purchased by the CDS/Executive departments; keep items stocked, and order new items when directed.
- Manage relations with nonprofits Harvest House is affiliated with; organize and implement employee volunteering with Hosea, Operation Christmas Child campaign, and other miscellaneous community outreach projects.
- Update information binders as directed by the Executive Vice President.
- Assist as needed to provide support and back up to HR Director. Including, but not limited to, preparing materials for company-wide informational meetings, filing, etc.
- Assist as needed to provide support to the CDS Manager. Including, but not limited to, helping with social media, website needs, data entry, etc.
- Assist as needed to provide support to development projects including, but not limited to, the church market.
- Write copy for catalogs, campaigns, and scripts as directed.
- Assist in planning and implementing company functions, trade shows and industry events..
- Assist in planning and delivering special gifts for authors, staff, vendors, etc.
- Assist (as requested) in other special projects and other duties as assigned by Executive Vice President (primarily) and/or the Corporate Development & Services team.
Relationships and Roles:
- Ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees in a professional and efficient manner.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Possess cultural awareness, demonstrates sound work ethics, able to handle constant interruptions yet can re-prioritize task list, and is positive with a friendly demeanor.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively, and demonstrate high integrity.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Requires knowledge of the field of assignment and physical ability sufficient to perform thoroughly and accurately the full scope of responsibility as illustrated by example in the above Essential Job Functions of this Job Description.
- Understanding of PC’s, word processing, Microsoft Outlook/Email, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to write well and communicate effectively
- Creativity to overcome ‘road blocks’ and to problem-solve
- Internet Research skills
- Positive and friendly demeanor, both in person and on the phone
- Ability to maintain filing systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to take direction and learn quickly
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Poised and professional demeanor
- Possess a heart to serve and help wherever needed
Qualifications: Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. Typical qualifications would be:
- Five years of experience in increasingly complex clerical and administrative assistant duties in a fast paced work environment.
- Experience and comfort with Word processing, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Publishing, Word, PowerPoint), familiarity with Microsoft Outlook
- Demonstrated competency with written and verbal communication
- Experience in event planning and travel arrangements preferred.
- Experience with Mailchimp or mass-email management system is a plus.
Relocation to Eugene, OR required.
Qualified applicants send resume to email@example.com to apply.
Please Note: Due to the large volume of applications we anticipate receiving; we are unable to provide any information over the telephone and only the most qualified applicants will be contacted. There is no relocation assistance with this position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Administrative Assistant to Dean's SuiteTrinity Law School
- Deerfield, California
- October 13
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Administrative AssistantCanyonville Christian Academy
- Canyonville, Oregon
- October 10
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Assistant Technical Services ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Harvest House Publishers
Our mission is to glorify God by providing high-quality books and products that affirm biblical values, help people grow spiritually strong, and proclaim Jesus Christ as the answer to every human need.More...