- Oversee the development, implementation and periodic review of a strategic fundraising plan to not only maintain existing support, but also broaden the support from new individual donors and other sources that will bring $300K in new money to IM annually,
no later than year 3 of employment.
- Analyze trends in the fundraising plan, identifying opportunities and challenges and development strategies to ensure goals are met.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and close gifts Maintain an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the ministry.
- Conduct a minimum of twenty (20) face - to - face visits monthly with potential benefactors in the form of discovery, cultivation, solicitation or stewardship meetings.
- Coordinate all aspects of donor acquisition, recognition and acknowledgement with the Marketing and Development Specialist.
- Develop and maintain solid donor relationships, including personal phone calls and visits on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Develop and maintain a solid Legacy giving program.
- Track progress of pending Legacy and Bequest gifts. Fulfill requests, produce correspondences and encourage partial/early disbursement where appropriate.
Foundations, corporate and service club funding
- Research and develop funding proposals for charitable foundations, corporate charitable funds, service clubs and other similar funds.
- As required, represent IM to foundations, corporations or service clubs.
- An understanding of the non-profit, voluntary and social services sector
- Donor relationship driven
- Social networking capabilities
- Forward thinking
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound computer skills including Microsoft Office software and development/fundraising software such as Raisers Edge or similar programs
- CFRE certification is an asset
The Director of Development is responsible for the overall planning, implementation and maintenance of the development work of Inspiration Ministries (IM). This position works in concert with the Marketing and Development Specialist and Auction Coordinator
and reports to the President.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Development, or similar area of study with a minimum of 10 years experience in a related field is desired.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to: Inspiration Ministries Attn: HR, P.O. Box 948, Walworth, WI 53184