This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Support Services Supervisor - Women and Children's Shelter
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 11/24/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
"Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is an expanding Evangelical Christian ministry serving the Greater Seattle community. By sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit, we are meeting the spiritual, social and physical needs of people. Seattle's Union Gospel Mission serves an ever-changing society through direct rescue mission work. As God leads, we partner with churches, individuals and organizations to maximize our total effectiveness."
POSITION TITLE: Support Services Supervisor
DIVISION: Recovery Ministries
DEPARTMENT: Women and Childrens Shelter
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director
DIRECT REPORT(S): Operations Assistant (2 FT, 1 PT), Receptionist, Operations Coordinators (2 FT, 2 PT)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Women and Children's Shelter, 520 South King Street; Seattle, WA 98104
This position works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children in a Christian residential program. Primary responsibilities include supervising the main office, reception desk and housekeeping department; and supervising five employees.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Manage, support, facilitate and review the work of direct report(s) by equipping, encouraging and empowering in their specific areas of responsibilities.
2. Manage, review and approve all department staff hiring and disciplinary actions, in cooperation with supervisor and HR.
3. First back-up for general office duties, which includes answering four incoming phone lines; logging in and distributing incoming mail; maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the front desk area, middle office and supply room; ordering and stocking office supplies, taking minutes at all staff meetings.
4. Supervise front-desk interns and volunteers.
5. Facility management, which includes maintaining cleanliness of shelter, supervising chores, keeping storage areas in good order, handling maintenance requests, keeping vehicles in good condition, monitoring the WCS entryway security, maintaining guest room inventory, ensuring proper usage of card lock system
6. Recordkeeping, which includes organizing and updating guest/staff records, completing monthly reports, tracking staff leave time and volunteer reporting.
7. Oversee WCS Key Deposit account, petty cash and program sustenance allowance.
8. Train new staff on computers and phones and oversee office machinery.
9. Uphold WCS guidelines and lead guests to self-evaluations when appropriate.
10. Attend all Mission and WCS meetings and training sessions as required.
11. Ability to maintain the Missions customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share Gods passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship.
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
12. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Non-Essential Job Duties
1. Teach WCS classes, when available
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook proficiency required.
2. Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
3. Ability to exercise initiative, good judgment and decision-making in meeting objectives required.
4. Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities at one time required.
5. Ability to lead, train and manage staff required.
6. Ability to maintain courteous attitude in all situations required.
7. Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment required.
8. Valid WA State Drivers License and ability to use own vehicle for occasional business purposes required.
9. Agreement with Seattles Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith required.
Education: High school diploma required. AA/AS preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years of office and supervisory experience required.
To apply, visit: www.ugm.org