The Director of Planned Giving is an experienced relationship builder responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive planned giving program for current and potential mission-minded donors. The Director of Planned Giving works with donors to
secures major gifts through donations of charitable gift annuities, wills/living trusts, securities, remainder and lead trusts, real estate, life insurance, etc. This position reports to the Director of Donor Development and works closely with the ABWE President/CEO,
COO/CFO, General Counsel, Executive Committee, and other key mission leaders including members of the Board. This is a full-time position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements a comprehensive planned giving program for current and potential mission-minded donors in the form of planned gift arrangements.
- Explores strategies to enlarge ABWE’s endowment by deferred giving techniques.
- Analyzes donor-giving patterns and formulates appropriate marketing and solicitation plans.
- Oversees the success of gift annuity and bequest program.
- Leads and manages the department of Planned Giving including the budget and program direction.
- Develops communication and promotional pieces on planned giving for ABWE publications.
- Works with the Corporate Counsel to ensure that all deferred giving activities are conducted in compliance with applicable laws governing tax-exempt institutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum Prior Experience Required: A minimum of 8 years or more of demonstrated success in fundraising, ministry support, or institutional development. Of those years, a minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated success in planned giving or in a related area such as financial planning, estate planning, trusts, wealth management, or insurance is required.
- Travel Required: Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Certification/Licensure Required: CFRE preferred.
- Working knowledge of planned giving tools, techniques, and marketing processes
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a demonstrated ability to lead by example.
- Strong relational, negotiation, and mediation skills.
- Strong communication skills (listening, verbal, written, telephone, email, presentation).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; comfortable with and open to new technology.
- Detail-oriented and organized. Exhibits great time management. Able to multi-task. Deadline oriented.
- Takes initiative and anticipates needs.
- Able to work alone or in a team environment.
- Self-disciplined and exhibits sound judgment.
- Able to maintain information and documents that are highly confidential in nature.
Christian Life: As an employee of ABWE you are an important member of a Christian organization. All staff members are Christian missionaries and are required to participate in chapel services. Because of the nature of our ministry it is
absolutely necessary that you possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach.
All ABWE employees must:
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local, like-minded church.
- Be able to fully support ABWE's mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
- Be a participant in morning staff prayer time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including long periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar
jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee
is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate
to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: In order to be considered for this position, do not apply through this website. Please send the following items to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, include your name and the position.
- Resume and cover letter
- One-page testimony including the name of your local church
- Salary requirements
Visit www.abwe.org/jobs for more information.
ABOUT ABWE: ABWE is an independent, faith-based mission dedicated to the ambitious goal of making disciples among every people group on earth. We partner with more than 4,000 like-minded, baptistic churches to serve 1,200 missionaries in 85 countries as they fulfill the Great Commission.
Mission/Vision: To make disciples among every people group on earth by sharing the story of hope we have in Jesus Christ, building communities of faith and serving the world with love.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
Advertising Sales Consultant-Omaha, NESalem Media Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- October 18
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Association of Baptists for World Evangelism (www.abwe.org) -
ABWE is an unaffiliated, independent Baptist missions agency providing like-minded churches with vital services to expedite their Great Commission Ministry. We serve local churches by providing administrative oversight and training for the missionaries that they recommend to us. This includes member care, financial coordination, team building, professional training and general administration.