"Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is an expanding Evangelical Christian ministry serving the Greater Seattle community. By sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit, we are meeting the spiritual, social and physical needs of people. Seattle's Union Gospel Mission serves an ever-changing society through direct rescue mission work. As God leads, we partner with churches, individuals and organizations to maximize our total effectiveness."
POSITION TITLE: Childrens Ministry (CM) Outreach Staff
DIVISION: Outreach Ministries
DEPARTMENT: Youth Services
REPORTS TO: Childrens Ministry Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
2 LOCATIONS: Youth Outreach Center (YROC): 3800 S. Othello Street, Seattle, WA 98118
Mount View Presbyterian Church-White Center: 10806 12th Avenue SW, Seattle, WA 98146
STATUS: 2 part-time positions at YROC, 2 part-time positions at White Center
This position is responsible for assisting in planning and implementing an effective program ministering to elementary school age students, building and maintaining relationships with youth, volunteers, and other community center staff for the purpose of evangelism and discipleship.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assist in the planning and implementation of effective youth programs which includes regular contact and outreach, weekly Club meetings, on-going discipleship, tutoring and special events such as Family Night, camps and mission trips
2. Establish and maintain good communication and relationships with parents and families of youth involved in Childrens Ministry Programs.
3. Maintain appropriate records and documentation in relation to program participants.
4. Communicate effectively with supervisor and other staff regarding program plans and details.
5. Develop positive and encouraging relationships with staff and volunteers.
6. Assist in developing and maintaining positive and productive relationships with local elementary schools, their staff and administration.
7. Assist and advise supervisor and YS management staff in developing and accomplishing the Youth Services Strategic Plan.
8. Drive Mission vehicle as requested for YS program needs.
9. Supervise and insure the safe use and stewardship of all UGM facilities, vehicles, and equipment.
10. Submit reports to supervisor as needed.
11. Be available to be "on call" to reach out and minister to kids as needed.
12. Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
13. Ability to maintain the Missions customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share Gods passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
14. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Good verbal and written communication skills with consistent positive, friendly, cooperative demeanor.
2. Ability to lead, train and encourage youth in their Christian faith.
3. Ability to work with co-workers, volunteers, parents and educators to provide a quality youth program according to Biblical principles and standards; Have a love for inner city youth and a desire to share the gospel.
4. Spiritually mature Christian with active church and prayer life.
5. Valid Washington State Drivers License and ability to meet the standards of the Missions drivers criteria required.
6. Must agree with Seattles Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Experience in inner city youth programs ministry preferred.
To apply, visit: www.ugm.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Intervention SpecialistJubilee Leadership Academy
- Prescott, Washington
- October 2
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back. More...