Job Title: Communications & Marketing Manager
Job Status: Full Time
Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities is a Christian ministry dedicated to serving the homeless, poor, and addicted in our community. By meeting physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs, our Mission is changing lives!
The Union Gospel Missions Communications Department is dedicated to providing clear and consistent messaging/branding for all public communications of the Mission. This includes managing direct mail, social media, website, press releases, as well as, all print materials. The Communications Department works in close collaboration with our Donor Engagement and Volunteer Departments.
The Communication and Marketing Manager is accountable for the Union Gospel Mission’s communications and marketing strategies. The position drives strategy development and implementation, monitors for consistency and effectiveness, and makes adjustments to assure optimal results. Key areas include branding, external relations and public education, fundraising (direct mail), event management, communications policy, and guiding and developing the communications team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and drives organizational communication and marketing strategies; monitors implementation for consistency, cohesiveness, and effectiveness; makes adjustments to assure the optimization of departmental and Mission goals
- Provides external relations and information on Union Gospel Mission programs to the media, government agencies, funding agencies, clients, and the public; distributes promotional materials, including flyers, brochures, and press release kits as appropriate; facilitates press conferences as needed
- Develops and drives social media strategy and outreach; works collaboratively to develop social media guidelines and policies within the organization
- Develops, oversees, and maintains the Union Gospel Mission website
- Responsible for the creation of promotional and information materials including annual reports, program brochures, and direct mail; develops and drives direct mail strategy and implementation; manages vendor relationships and expectations and monitors for effectiveness
- Oversees the planning and coordination of special events including the Celebration of Hope, open houses, fundraisers, outreach and community events, tours, and special events
- Develops and manages a cohesive, motivated, and engaged team through training, coaching, and providing clear expectations; creates an atmosphere of trust, openness, and collaboration for team members; supervises the Events Coordinator and Communications Administrative Assistant positions
- Additional duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have a BA or higher with 3-5 years of experience directly related to the duties of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to support the Union Gospel Mission’s statement of Christian faith; willing to share that faith and knowledge with staff and clients
- Advanced knowledge of communication and marketing strategy, principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of social media strategy and resources
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders in a one-on-one, group, and public settings
- Able to evaluate and edit materials for content, form, and structure
- Knowledge of media production and publishing
- Displays exceptional judgment in managing and sharing information with internal and external sources
- Demonstrates an authentic commitment to team development; knowledge of coaching and team development strategies and practices
- Demonstrates strong organizational and delegation skills; able to plan, organize and coordinate media activities and special events
- Knowledge of communication policies and procedures including those related to social media
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs; position requires some physical movement including but not limited to lifting, pulling, bending, squatting, and crouching
Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, evangelical Christian Ministry; as such, employees must share the Mission’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct, and adhere to the Mission’s employee policy manual and guidelines set forth by the organization. This position requires satisfactory completion of criminal background and credit check.
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Union Gospel Mission
Founded in 1902, the Union Gospel Mission is a Christian ministry dedicated to serving the homeless, poor, and addicted in our community. Providing safe shelter, nutritious food, dental and medical care, and a broad variety of life-changing programs, the Mission helps people rebuild their lives - physically, emotionally, spiritually and educationally. Our goal is to encourage each person to value themselves as God values them, to see the gifts they have to offer the world, and to help them seek out a bright future as a fully More...