Are you ready to fully utilize your skills and experience to make a lasting difference in a child’s life?
Come join our growing faith-based organization with a strong legacy of organizational and financial stability. We provide meaningful, positive change that dramatically impacts the lives of children and families within the southwest Florida community. When making a difference in the life of a child, you have impacted not only this generation, but generations to come.
Become part of our team and experience the true joy of helping us effectively fulfill our mission: to help children to heal emotionally and spiritually and to bring the wholeness of God’s love to each of them through Jesus Christ.
Under the direction of the President/CEO, utilize your expertise by providing support for the day-to-day operations of the Residential Care Program. Ensure that services are designed, integrated, and coordinated to achieve maximum effectiveness for each child. This individual will be detail-oriented and able to maintain thorough clinical files and collect, analyze, and report data outcomes. Strong communication skills combined with a strong passion for the vision, mission, and goals of the Liberty Youth Ranch are critical to success in this role. Responsible for developing and implementing professional training programs for staff and effectively speaking at various functions promoting the Ranch mission and vision.
Energetic, organized candidate will have at least a Master’s Degree in social work or related human services discipline. Prefer licensed professional social worker and experience in related residential childcare. Must have at least 2 years of experience developing therapeutic or educational programs for children.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with a cover letter, salary history, and salary requirements to: HR@LibertyYouthRanch.org
Due to the volume of applicant submissions, please NO phone calls or third party recruiting agency submittals or inquiries. We regret that we are unable to respond to each applicant. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will reach out to you concerning the next step in the process.
JOB DESCRIPTION FORM ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Division/Department: Residential Care
Location: 24900 Liberty Youth Ranch Way, Bonita Springs, FL 34135
Job title: Social Worker
Reports to: President/Chief Executive Officer
Experience Level/Grade: Post College Degree, Experience at a Children’s Home, Non-profit/Ministry
Schedule: 9:00-5:30 M-F “On call” on weeknights and weekends.
Type of position: Full-time, Exempt, Employment conditional upon a 90 day probationary period.
- The Social Worker assists in the screening of all applicants as well as the delivery of all social services and is the first point of contact for all incoming calls and appointment requests.
- The Social Worker will insure that services are designed, integrated and coordinated to achieve maximum effectiveness for each child.
- The Social Worker supports the day-to-day operations of the Residential Care Program, with particular attention given to the program needs of the children.
- The Social Worker will work closely with the other community Social Workers to ensure continuity of all program activities in terms of the vision and mission statements, policies and procedures, appointments, schedules, financial obligations, education and other supportive services.
- The Social Worker is the primary caring person for the children/youth in the event of Houseparents absence, to include coverage of Houseparents date nights, Houseparent weekends away, Houseparent illness and/or Houseparent position transitions in Residential Care in accordance with agency procedures.
- The Social Worker is responsible for coordinating the training for all childcare volunteers and Houseparents.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Specific Residential Care Responsibilities:
- Engages in and coordinates to ensure the delivery of necessary services by Liberty Youth Ranch (LYR).
- Ensures an integrated therapy program is developed for each child and implemented throughout all LYR activities.
- Explores and develops ongoing initiatives to improve the effectiveness of child outcomes and expand the reach and scope of LYR into the community.
- Develops and maintains outcome measurement systems that collect, analyze, and report data on the on-going effectiveness of the social service programs.
- Develops and implements professional training programs for Houseparents, counselors and staff throughout the year.
- Maintains qualifications and screens for children who might be accepted into the Ranch as it complies with the Vision and Mission statements.
- Oversees the maintenance of the children’s clinical files and program documentation.
- Manages the LYR intake process.
- Develops the Initial Treatment Plans and oversees the development and implementation of the Master Treatment Plans and all Reviews and Progress Notes. In addition, he/she will review all Incident Reports by the Houseparents.
- Attends meetings conducted by DCF (Department of Children and Families) and any other community-based meetings that might be relevant to licensure or other policies/agencies that might affect the residential program at LYR.
- Arranges for and/or provides for transportation of clients to visits, doctor appointments, counseling, court, etc.
- Coordinates communication among Ranch families, DCF, counselors, houseparents and assistant counselors. (i.e., monthly calendar, special events, group meetings, etc.)
- Effectively speaks at various functions and conducts/participates in public relations events that promote Liberty Youth Ranch according to its Mission and Vision statements.
- Maintains a supportive posture at all times with Houseparents and counselors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President /CEO.
Specific Program Responsibilities:
- Ensures the accuracy of all policies and procedures on a day-to-day basis, as outlined in the LYR Manuals and according to state and federal regulations.
- Coordinates, plans, and organizes all licensing inspections as well as HIPAA standards.
- Oversees the day-to-day schedules of all homes in terms of medical & dental appointments, school functions, Ranch/Farming projects, field trips, church outings, and community events.
- Assists with the development and implementation of disaster and emergency plans.
- With the approval of the President/CEO, the Social Worker will hire, train, use and/or terminate all childcare volunteers according to LYR policy.
- Trains all staff on topics such as safety issues, Policies & Procedures and Licensing standards.
- Reports all significant violations of compliance to the President/CEO.
- Ensures everything is in place for a new child coming into the Ranch (transportation to the Ranch, clothes, etc).
- Supports weekly staff meetings with and reviews weekly Progress Notes from the Houseparents.
- Oversees on-going Houseparent training (minimum of 40 hours a year).
- At least a Master’s Degree in social work or a related human services discipline, prefer licensed professional Social Worker and related residential childcare experience.
- At least 2 years of experience developing therapeutic or educational programs for children.
- Capable of providing a vision for the social services at LYR that will maintain and increase program’s level of service and excellence.
- Demonstrates good managerial and administrative skills.
- Self-sufficient from a technical and work ethic standpoint.
- Must be willing to be on-call (for emergencies) twenty-four hours a day, when “on duty.”
- Prefer prior experience with supporting the day-to-day operations of a similar child care facility.
- Willing to do any other Liberty Youth Ranch related duties requested by the President/CEO.
- Microsoft Office – strong proficiency and experience in working with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High level of efficiency and expertise in utilization of technology.
- Evangelical Christian and actively involved with a community church.
- Strives to maintain a close daily walk with Christ.
- Excellent character, health and emotional stability.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
- Team player and highly flexible.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively, a self-starter who can find things that need to be done on their own and follow through with the task unsupervised.
- Passion for children and showing them their God-given potential.
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients.
- Must be organized and punctual as well as “in tune” with Liberty Youth Ranch’s Vision and Mission.
- Willing to seek counsel in difficult situations.
- Has a sense of humor and is flexible in their approach to life’s challenges.
- Clear Federal background check, drug screen, finger printing, driving record check, psychological assessment and satisfactory references.
- Must be able to lift up to twenty-five (25) lbs.
Supervisory Relationships: Child Care Volunteers
Performance: Evaluations to be conducted by the President/Chief Executive Officer.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
House Parent for Youth ShelterFairbanks Youth Advocates
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- December 7
5 Kindergarten Teachers in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Entry Level Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
College Prep High School Teachers for Church Leaders Children in AsiaPrivate Profile
- Asia, Asia
- December 2
Liberty Youth Ranch
Our Mission Statement: Provide a permanent and loving environment for children who through no fault of their own are in need of a home, a family, and the opportunity simply to be children. We base our concepts on a belief in God and the uniqueness, dignity, and inherent worth of each individual.
Our Vision Statement: Aggressively seize opportunities to be proactive and innovative, ensuring that children in Florida who are in no win situations are provided an oppo More...