Are you ready to fully utilize your communications skills and experience to help grow an organization and make a real difference in the lives of others?
Come join our growing faith-based organization with a strong legacy of organizational and financial stability. We provide meaningful, positive change that dramatically impacts the lives of children and families within the southwest Florida community.
Maximize your strategic communications skills and experience to help us design and develop our communication strategy and communicate the Liberty Youth Ranch’s message to internal and external constituents. Work with executive leadership and share your vision and creative, innovative approach. Utilize your expertise to help us develop and share our compelling story, build awareness and grow volunteer, partner and donor support and participation. Become part of our team and experience the true joy of helping us effectively fulfill our mission: to help children to heal emotionally and spiritually and to bring the wholeness of God’s love to each of them through Jesus Christ.
Help design, develop and guide the strategy for all internal and external communications to consistently articulate, enable and fulfill the organization’s mission. This individual will be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker and results-driven team member. Strong communications strategy, design and execution experience, combined with strong passion for the vision, mission and goals of the Liberty Youth Ranch are critical to success in this role.
Energetic, outgoing, professional, and detail oriented candidate will have a Master’s Degree in Public Relations, Public Affairs, Journalism, Media, Marketing, Communications or equivalent of ten years fulltime related professional experience in communications, public relations, graphic design, journalism or related field, ideally in an in-house leadership role within a multifaceted nonprofit entity.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with a cover letter, salary history, and salary requirements to: HR@LibertyYouthRanch.org
Due to the volume of applicant submissions, please NO phone calls or third party recruiting agency submittals or inquiries. We regret that we are unable to respond to each applicant. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will reach out to you concerning the next step in the process.
JOB DESCRIPTION FORM ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Division/Department: MARKETING AND FUNDRAISING
Location: 24900 Liberty Youth Ranch Way, Bonita Springs, FL 34135
Reports to: President/Chief Executive Officer
Experience Level/Grade: Post College Degree; Experience at a Children’s Home, Non-profit/Ministry
Schedule: 9:00-5:30 Monday through Friday and weekends/special events as necessary.
Type of position: Full-time, Exempt, Employment conditional upon a 90 day probationary period.
The Director of Communications, Public Relations, and Marketing supports the President/CEO, designing, developing, and guiding the strategy for all internal and external communications to consistently articulate, enable and fulfill the Liberty Youth Ranch (LYR) mission. This individual will be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker and results-driven team member. Strong communications strategy, design and execution experience, combined with strong passion for the vision, mission and goals of the LYR are critical to success in this role.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, write, execute and manage the development and distribution of all print and electronic content including, but not limited to, social media, newsletters, brochures, online reports, e-newsletters, printed magazines, audio/video products, the LYR website, media and public relations and other related online and print communications.
- Manage and maintain the LYR website and social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) – ensure that content is regularly and consistently updated and posted with new information (articles, links, stories, events, pictures, audio, video, etc.).
- Develop, build and maintain strong public brand and image for LYR built through various media channels, communications plans and activities.
- Continually develop and manage media contacts and build strong relationships with media representatives.
- Utilize data gathering and analysis tools, including social media and LYR website analytics, to track, measure and report on the level of engagement and results from various communications campaigns, plans and events.
- Interact with LYR residents, volunteers, staff, donors, supporters and other constituents to gather information and create, design and write appropriate stories for publication and manage video/audio production projects.
- Manage the LYR communications budget.
- Manage several projects at any given time including special and third-party events. All projects will have specific desired outcomes, timelines, measures of accountability, and provisions for periodic reports.
- Set performance objectives and metrics for LYR communications; gauge progress toward goals by reviewing monthly and annual reporting; monitor and provide periodic progress reports to CEO.
- Facilitate free media opportunities.
- Establish and oversee departmental system for maintaining and archiving press clippings.
- Build relationships with professional counterparts in other professional organizations, advocacy organizations, and other community organizations through organizational initiatives and jointly-sponsored communication campaigns and programs.
- Maintain close working relationships with community and private foundations as it seeks to increase private sector funding for the LYR.
- Examine ways of packaging and marketing the LYR to philanthropic supporters.
- Maintain knowledge about the external environment as it relates to long term residential child care.
- Attend and photograph agency events and campus activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Master’s Degree Public Relations, Public Affairs, Journalism, Media, Marketing, Communications or equivalent of ten years fulltime related professional experience in communications, public relations, graphic design, journalism or related field, ideally in an in-house leadership role within a complex nonprofit entity.
- Proven ability, experience and success in running, managing and measuring nonprofit communications campaign development initiatives and results.
- Previous experience providing and implementing creative, innovative approaches from inception toward branding and building communication campaigns and new media technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating and working with various types of social media to build strong brand awareness and positive public relations with various audiences.
- Track record of production and editing of publications (magazine, periodicals, websites, blogs, online publications, etc.).
- Prior knowledge and experience with website layout and design utilizing Adobe Illustrator or similar program.
- Strong analytical skills combined with ability to measure and track social media utilizing analysis tools (such as Google Analytics, click through rates, etc.); experienced in analyzing data to consider, evaluate, prioritize and recommend various courses of cost-effective, action plans and measureable results-oriented outcomes, based on actionable data.
- Ability to interact with, influence and engage key leadership, staff, peers and volunteers; comfort in proactively cultivating, developing and building strong relationships across all functions and at all levels.
- Experience in cultivating and developing strong relationships with media; current media connections and relationships a strong plus.
- Prior budget management experience.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation communication skills (both internally and externally).
- Experience and ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and influence key leadership as well as interface with all other constituents, stakeholders, volunteers, partners and donors.
- Ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment in a changing environment with ability to anticipate future needs.
- Extensive experience designing, writing, executing and managing the development and distribution of all print and electronic content including, but not limited to, social media, newsletters, brochures, online reports, e-newsletters, printed magazines, video/audio products, websites, media and public relations and other related online and print communications.
- Microsoft Office – strong proficiency and experience in working with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expert level experience in graphic design and utilizing desktop publishing software.
- Experience and proficiency with CMS (Content Management Systems) for website design, updates and maintenance intermediate level experience and proficiency.
- High level of efficiency and expertise in utilization of various Internet applications and social media programs such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Strong passion and affinity for LYR’s vision and mission and constituents.
- Self-directed problem solver who is effective at solving problems.
- Innovative oriented leader, highly professional with ability and organizational expertise to effectively inspire staff and volunteers.
- Influential, credible, confident persona with strong personal stature and authenticity.
- Hands-on, detailed oriented leader who will work shoulder to shoulder with staff.
- Ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment with limited direction.
- The ability to maintain a flexible work schedule which will include evenings and weekends is required.
- Regularly attends local church.
Evaluations to be conducted by the President/Chief Executive Officer.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
News Reporter-Greenville, SCSalem Media Group
- Greenville, South Carolina
- October 21
Sales Marketing Assistant-Glendale, CASalem Media Group
- Glendale, California
- October 21
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
Advertising Sales Consultant-Omaha, NESalem Media Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- October 18
Liberty Youth Ranch
Our Mission Statement: Provide a permanent and loving environment for children who through no fault of their own are in need of a home, a family, and the opportunity simply to be children. We base our concepts on a belief in God and the uniqueness, dignity, and inherent worth of each individual.
Our Vision Statement: Aggressively seize opportunities to be proactive and innovative, ensuring that children in Florida who are in no win situations are provided an oppo More...