Are you ready to fully utilize your skills and experience to help grow an organization and make a real difference in the lives of others?
Come join our growing Christian organization with a strong legacy of organizational and financial stability. We provide meaningful, positive change that dramatically impacts the lives of children and families within the southwest Florida community.
Provide executive level administrative support to the President/CEO. Issue daily receipts of donations, answer and direct phone calls, occasionally give presentations and tours of Liberty Youth Ranch, and represent the CEO at Ranch special events. Responsible for overall executive administration, office activities, including the reception area, mail, purchasing requests and facilities.
Motivated, energetic professional and detail oriented candidate passionate about serving at-risk children will have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferred, and at least 6 years of professional office management experience.
Ideal candidate has extensive experience in generally accepted office procedures, including filing, letter/memo formats, answering the telephone, greeting visitors, etc. Ability to motivate, encourage and interact with donors, vendors, volunteers and staff. Must be flexible, efficient, and able to organize and manage multiple priorities. Must be computer proficient and technology driven. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with a cover letter, salary history, and salary requirements to: HR@LibertyYouthRanch.org
Due to the volume of applicant submissions, please NO phone calls or third party recruiting agency submittals or inquiries. We regret that we are unable to respond to each applicant. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will reach out to you concerning the next step in the process.
JOB DESCRIPTION FORM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Division/Department: EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATOR TO PRESIDENT/CEO
Reports to: President/Chief Executive Officer
Experience Level/Grade: College Degree and Experience at a Children’s Home, Non-profit/Ministry
Schedule: 9:00-5:30 Monday through Friday and weekends/special events as necessary.
Type of position: Full-time, Exempt, Employment conditional upon a 90 day probationary period.
This position is responsible for providing executive level administrative support to the President/CEO. Responsible for overall executive administration, office activities, including the reception area, mail, purchasing requests and facilities. Also responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including developing and supervising programs for the maximum utilization of services and equipment. Responsible for providing arrangements for office meetings, issuing daily receipts of donations, answers and directs all phone calls, occasionally gives presentations and tours of Liberty Youth Ranch, and represents the President/CEO at special events. Punctual office hours are from 9:00am until 5:30pm, for a minimum of 40 office hours a week. Extended work hours are frequently necessary given project deadlines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executing significant discretion and judgment in all aspects of their role. Manages the reception area to insure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Coordinates overall organizational activities for the Executive Offices and the Upscale Shop when needed.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment as well as layout, decorations, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc. for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc. Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Fully self-trained and 100% proficient with all aspects of phone system, professionally answers all incoming phone calls, directs calls, and takes detailed messages and ensures successful and prompt delivery.
- Fully self-trained and 100% proficient with all aspects of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, accurate data entry, letter receipting, queries and reporting.
- Scheduling of appointments, maintenance of calendars, preparation of external/internal correspondence, telephone and visitor screening, travel arrangements, coordination of meetings and receptions, preparation of presentation materials, and maintenance/filing of documents.
- Manages all correspondence and communication that comes into the executive’s office, apprises executive on nature/priority of each item, and coordinates responses. At times will make independent decisions regarding scheduling, distribution of calls and e-mails, etc.
- Files correspondence and other documents.
- Applies substantial knowledge in the coordination of sensitive reports and analysis (e.g. budgets, board materials, and highly confidential correspondence).
- Handles matters proactively and expeditiously and follows-through on projects to successful completion.
- Expected to provide continuous support in tandem with the executive’s daily schedule and obligations. Keeps punctual office hours, from 9:00am to 5:30pm.
- Types correspondence (letters, memos, faxes, emails) from President/CEO to staff or individuals outside the agency.
- Directs foundation proposals/grants as instructed by the President/CEO.
- Coordinates with contractors for repair of office equipment (computers, copier, etc.)
- Enters gifts into Raiser’s Edge. Takes (shorthand preferred), transcribes, and types meeting minutes and distributes to staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Minimum of 5 years of professional office management/executive support position experience.
- Experience in generally accepted office procedures, including filing letter/memo formats, answering the telephone, greeting visitors, etc.
- Proven record of good planning and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in office management capacity, supporting Executives and/or Senior Management.
- Professional appearance and manner – business professional dress. T
- he Executive Administrator to the President/CEO ensures the successful operation of the President’s office by keeping things running smoothly and efficiently.
- At times, represents the President/CEO; therefore, it is essential to be collaborative but also have a confident, can-do attitude. This role requires the ability to maintain absolute discretion and confidentiality expected of a professional at this level.
- Responsible for daily opening and closing of Executive Offices.
- Proven ability to work independently and make sound judgments on a day-to-day basis regarding assigned and ad hoc duties with very limited or absence of direction from the President/CEO.
- Ability to partner with the President/CEO to understand nuances, appropriate protocol and specific preferences of the executive, and execute on the level of support required/expected.
- Superior communication skills needed for preparing effective correspondence and reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to persuade and build consensus and cooperation.
- Pleasant telephone voice and courteous manner toward visitors and donors.
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the agency.
- Ability to work under time constraints and be available as needed.
- Top level detail, organizational, and analytical skills required as the nature of the executive’s position leaves little room for error.
- Ability to handle the highest level of confidential issues with the utmost sensitivity.
- Must be able to lift up to twenty-five (25) lbs.
- Microsoft Office – strong proficiency and experience in working with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to use computer word processing and database programs effectively. Types at least 50 w.p.m. Able to learn new programs quickly.
- Good character, health and emotional stability.
- Regularly attends local church.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and has a keen attention to detail. Able to operate in a fast-paced work environment which requires substantial multitasking. It is this position’s role to keep things organized and on track through the cohesive management of multiple tasks and competing priorities. Given the nature of this role, the Executive Administrator must demonstrate professionalism at all times and be able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations where there may be ambiguity.
- Organized, efficient and able to work without always having detailed descriptions and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks that need to be done now as opposed to those that are not urgent.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Customer ServicePrivate Profile
- Stafford, Virginia
- December 9
Accounts Payable & Finance ClerkCityteam
- San Jose, California
- December 7
House Parent for Youth ShelterFairbanks Youth Advocates
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- December 7
Needs ProcessorSamaritan Ministries International
- Peoria, Illinois
- December 7
Administrative Manager/Office ManagerNorthEast of the Well
- Santa Ana, California
- December 5
Liberty Youth Ranch
Our Mission Statement: Provide a permanent and loving environment for children who through no fault of their own are in need of a home, a family, and the opportunity simply to be children. We base our concepts on a belief in God and the uniqueness, dignity, and inherent worth of each individual.
Our Vision Statement: Aggressively seize opportunities to be proactive and innovative, ensuring that children in Florida who are in no win situations are provided an oppo More...