Facilities Supervisor, Michigan Overnight Camp (MI ON)
February 10, 2014
Full Time, Salaried
MI ON Operations Director
Facilities Maintenance Specialists
MI ON Properties Supervisor, MI ON Accommodations Supervisor, Indiana Operations and Facilities Leaders
As a member of SpringHill Camps Operations Team, the Facilities Supervisor will oversee the facilities and maintenance specialists to ensure the ministry’s year-round camp facilities are in excellent condition, meeting or exceeding licensing and accreditation
requirements, to maximize their safe and effective use by campers, renters, staff and volunteers involved in camp programs. Ensures the integrity and professional image of the Camp operations consistent with SpringHill’s mission, purpose and objectives.
Principal Duties and Job Functions
- Responsible for maintaining all facilities on the property, including an indoor pool, outdoor pool, cabins, office buildings, houses, outbuildings, activity structures, meeting rooms, dining halls, etc.
- Serve as the team leader for facilities, and lead, coach, evaluate, and develop all facilities maintenance staff
- Performing preventative and repair maintenance with HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, including fire and building alarms and well and septic systems.
- Assisting with carpentry as needed
- Monitor and track incoming repair and preventative work orders
- Maintain a service log
- Prioritize and provide leadership to maintain work orders related to our 200+ buildings and facilities on the property
- Staff adequately to ensure the team is able to meet the seasonal demands of the customers and other departments
- Overseeing facilities inventory management
- Utilizing volunteers when appropriate
- Serve as the waste water operator for the property
- Performs preventative building and grounds assessments to ensure buildings and utilities are well functioning. Quickly respond to conditions that might cause personal injury or damage to property.
- Manage all associated account lines and perform within budget
- Maintains compliance with OSHA, waste water permitting, Fire Code regulations, MSDS
Experience and Qualifications Requirements
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and passion for SpringHilll’s mission and philosophy of ministry.
- Minimum 5 year experience in facilities maintenance or construction
- Certified (or ability to be certified) as a waste water operator (A-1g, subsurface disposal systems)
- HVAC, electrical, and plumbing experience required
- Some carpentry experience preferred
- Associates degree or equivalent trade experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building codes and safety regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years’ leadership and supervisory experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the organization’s auto insurance policy.
Personal and Professional Characteristics
- Strong Christian faith, integrity, morale values and convictions.
- Ability to communicate, read and write, clearly and concisely
- Good problem-solving skills, exercise judgment, and make decisions in performing job duties.
- Ability to detect unsafe equipment and actions and to take the appropriate corrective action.
- Ability to exercise patience and diplomacy in dealing with camp employees, students, guest and the general public while performing investigative tasks.
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and able to work unsupervised for extended periods.
- Ability to work in inclement weather
- Ability to work within a team environment with a customer service focus
- Able to troubleshoot complex systems and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Knowledge of applicable building and equipment codes
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must live near (within 10 minutes) of Camp property and be accessible 24/7 for emergency response
- Ability to work varied schedules, including weekends and rotation of on-call hours
- Ability and willingness to drive to other SpringHill program locations, as required
- Must be able to lift, bend, twist, and push and pull loads
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, and occasionally 50-100 lbs with assistance
- Good eye-hand coordination
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, types of work performed and qualifications required of staff members assigned to this position. They are not intended or should be taken as an exhaustive list of and responsibilities,
duties, and requirements of personnel so classified. All indicated qualifications, duties and functions are essential job functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
About SpringHill Camps
SpringHill Camps is a Christian non-denominational camp with locations in Evart, Michigan, Seymour, Indiana, and summer Day Camps in major metropolitan areas currently in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois. As we experience growth in our ministry, we
are seeking people who can bring experience, knowledge, energy, and a passion for Jesus to key roles in reaching kids for Christ.
Our purpose is to present the life-changing message of Jesus Christ to children, teens and young adults and to be His agent of change. We see this fulfilled through our mission, which is to glorify God by creating life-impacting experiences that enable young
people to know and to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
In addition to the mission, SpringHill holds a number of values that influence the way we think and do ministry. We are about Jesus and his message of grace, hope and love. We are committed to the spiritual and personal growth of children, teens, and young
adults. We possess a passionate commitment to be relevant. This translates into the integration of faith and fun, diversity in programming and a resolve to meet and engage every child at their level of maturity and development. We are committed to only do
ministry in the context of personal loving and caring relationships. This is why we expend a great deal of time and energy finding, developing, and retaining people who relate to others in such a manner. We also offer a competitive salary and comprehensive
benefit package for our staff to meet their personal needs while serving in vital ministry roles. In addition, we are committed to exceed expectations and provide exceptional experience, service and value to our guests. We are always learning and growing,
and as a result of this, change is a part of our fabric.