This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chief Financial Officer
Precept Ministries International
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 01/14/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of Ministry operations. Provides leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the Ministry. Analyzes trends and develops forecasts to advise the Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officers.
1. Analyzes trends, develops forecasts, and advises the CEO and COO on all financial matters relating to Ministry operations.
2. Creates. coordinates, and evaluates the financial programs and supporting information systems of the Ministry to include budgeting, tax planning, real estate and conservation of assets.
3. Serves on planning and policy-making committees.
4. Oversees financial management of foreign operations including developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
5. Creates and presents budgets utilizing a balanced approach to market/demand fluctuations, explains cost centers with tangible models. Communicates budgets to team leaders. Monitors, tracks, and reports variances monthly to the COO.
Masters Degree in Finance or Accounting. 10 years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position or CPA. Prior CFO experience a plus. Experience with computerized accounting; experience with Sage MIP fund accounting software desired. Familiar with a variety of the field's concept, practices and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Prior supervisory experience in procurement, planning, and distribution a must.