This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Community Life/Associate Pastor
Maadi Community Church
Cairo, , Egypt
Date Posted: 02/12/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Foster spiritual maturity by seeking for the Holy Spirit to transform lives into the image of Christ through a growing relationship with God, application of Bible knowledge to everyday life, and training in the skills for missional ministry worldwide.
Reports to the Senior Pastor directly and the Council and Congregation ultimately. Is a member of the Senior Leadership Team. Oversees staff and volunteers in the Discipleship and Life Group Ministries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Oversee and promote Life Group Ministry, maintaining the core values of inward, upward, and outward, plus implementing a process to assimilate each person in MCC into a group,
- recruit, equip, and encourage Life Group coaches, leaders, hosts, administrators, helpers, etc.
2. Develop, implement, organize, and oversee discipleship/assimilation strategy from first impressions to ministry involvement to include:
- implement a spiritual mentoring process.
- implement a process where individuals are identified, equipped and enter positions of giftedness.
3. Train members in a missional mindset, including relational evangelism and outreach
4. Oversee, train, and evaluate the Director of African Ministries and his responsibility for African Ministries, including coordinating African Life Group ministry with MCC Life Group Ministry.
5. Oversee publicity, schedules, and promotional materials for his ministry area in the churchs weekly bulletin and website, etc.
6. Develop and maintain the calendar and annual budget for Discipleship & Life Group Ministry.
7. Complete other pastoral duties as assigned, including counseling, teaching, and preaching.
A MISSION MEASUREMENT:
- Have I met with God today?
- Do I have any 3 am friends?
- Am I using my spiritual gifts in serving?
- Am I close to someone far from Jesus?
Growing, vibrant walk with God marked by the traits of a Biblical Elder (1 Timothy 3).
3+ years of effectively leading, managing, maturing, and multiplying a small group ministry.
3+ years of effective discipleship ministry experience in a large church.
Agrees completely with doctrine, mission, and philosophy of ministry of Maadi Community Church.
Bachelors or masters degree that includes Bible, theology, and ministry courses.
Multicultural perspective with previous international experience. Be able to deal with heat, crowding, dust, and pollution in a major world urban center of 20+ million with a different predominant religion.
Team player eager to partner in ministry with others rather than being a "lone wolf."
Able to attract, lead, train, and develop effective servant leaders and volunteers at every level.
Strategic and systems thinking to make sure Life Groups and the Discipleship Ministry are on track and achieving Gods calling.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including creating team with staff and ministry volunteers.
Flexible and able to adapt in a rapidly changing cross-culture environment.