Director of Promotions and Marketing
Salem Communications Chicago is looking for talented and motivated broadcasting professionals who understand how to create mutually beneficial wins for sales and programming in the country’s third largest radio market.
- Work with program director and sales managers to identify and develop revenue-generating promotional opportunities.
- Oversee all promotions and marketing efforts for both AM 560 THE ANSWER and AM 1160 WYLL. This includes on-air, on-line, and on-location promotions, and it also includes all aspects of marketing the brands, in all forms, on all platforms.
- Generate specific promotional strategies to grow revenue for the stations and clients, with specific, measurable goals. This requires coordinating with personnel in the department to plan and execute these strategies and to measure their success. This requires
direct supervision of the Digital Content Coordinator and all other promotions assistants.
- Plan and execute all aspects of station and sales driven events for both radio stations, including:
- Prepare promotional strategy outlining timelines and deadlines for marketing elements, registration, etc.
- Oversee registration process, send updates to team, track pacing
- Prepare event timeline, sponsor timeline, and event program clock
- Schedule staff and ensure all day-of responsibilities are covered
- Create sales recaps
- Pursue new opportunities to grow the stations’ presence and revenue in cross-platform arenas, specifically, mobile, web, and social media. This requires working with Salem’s Director of Digital Media to remain on the cutting edge of available technology.
- Run weekly promotions meetings for both radio stations.
- Coordinate relationships with national ministries and oversee execution of national sales campaigns with local promotions staff.
- Directl Supervise the Digital Content Coordinator and all part-time promotions staff.
- Thorough understanding of both the news/talk and Christian talk and teach formats
- 3-5 years of major market or national promotional and/or sales experience
- Understanding of radio promotional and sales strategy and online and social media marketing
Salem Media of Illinois, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Fax: 847-439-2846. NO PHONE CALLS