David’s House Ministries (DHM), located in Grand Rapids, MI, exists to provide quality care and facilities for the developmentally disabled and traumatic brain-injured adults in a Christian environment and creating a program ministering to the whole person.
DHM is currently seeking an Director of Development that will work alongside the Director of Financial Development in raising monetary donations for DHM’s General Fund, Endowment Fund and program needs.
- Assist the Director of Financial Development in raising monetary donations (through grant requests, foundations, churches, corporations, and individuals) for the DHM General Fund, Endowment Fund, and program needs (i.e. Physical Therapy, Day Programming,
- Develop a working understanding of the funding regulations and processes for the developmentally disabled in the State of Michigan and in Kent County.
- Become thoroughly acquainted with the history, people, values, and culture of David’s House Ministries.
- Develop oral and written presentations of DHM to present to churches, businesses, and new donors.
- Develop and implement the annual campaign.
- Participate in development of a five-year strategic plan for DHM.
- Introduce DHM and develop relationships with new donors to increase the donor base.
- Oversee all Fund Raising events with Fund Raising Event Director.
- Work with the DHM Directors in developing the DHM Annual Budget.
- Present monthly reports to the DHM Director regarding contacts made, funds secured, and the overall status of the development progress.
- Work with the Director of Financial Development to explore and secure funding for the development of new programs and their ongoing implementation.
- Serve as a team-member with other Directors and the DHM board to develop vision for future ministry and funding opportunities.
- Set personal production goals to be achieved by 2014 year end.
- Report to the DHM Director.
- Have passion for and maintain spiritual integrity of ministry and agree to comply with and sign the DHM Statement of Faith.
- Must demonstrate a strong Christian faith evidenced by Christian virtues and continuous fellowship with and support of his/her local church. He/she must be above reproach in his/her personal, moral, and ethical conduct, and above reproach in his/her personal
- Must have a passion for and a sincere desire to bless and help special needs men and women and their families.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2-3 years development/fundraising experience is preferred.
To submit resume and cover letter please email firstname.lastname@example.org.