This position will be closing to applications on Friday May, 16 at 3pm Central time.
Overview of School Administrator/Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The School Administrator/Principal works closely with the School Board, staff, and faculty to provide overall leadership and direction for Mitchell Christian School. The Administrator supplies vital personal and professional leadership to guide the school
and to nurture and enhance its human and financial resources.
More specifically, the Administrator will:
- Supervise the school’s administrative, fiscal, fundraising, recruitment, and public relations functions, as well as its faculty, staff, and facilities;
- Lead the school in developing programs of spiritual growth and excellence in Christ-centered education, demonstrating commitment to the spiritual development of all students;
- Manages all educational programs, working with and through the staff and faculty;
- Serve as the principal public spokesperson for Mitchell Christian School, strengthening its community ties and public visibility;
- Take an active leadership role in friend-making and oversees fundraising to increase the school’s enrollment and financial resources;
- Manage the implementation of the school’s annual budget; and
- Formulate plans and policies for School Board approval, and implement resulting policies and long-range strategic plans in consultation with the Board.
Administrator Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
Qualified candidates will have a dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, fiscal management experience, and academic administrative or leadership experience, preferably in a Christian school setting. Secondary
education experience and successful experience in fundraising are desired. A master’s degree is preferred.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be:
- A person of absolute integrity, fully committed to Christ and living in accordance with Christian principles;
- Committed to the pursuit of excellence in academic growth and Biblical study;
- Courageous in dealing with conflict and making decisions; and
- Skilled in fully and accurately communicating the school’s needs and achievements to a wide range of constituencies.
PROCESS OF APPLICATION
Interested parties should submit a cover letter addressing personal qualifications, experience, and reasons for their interest in the position. Review of applications will begin immediately.
All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence.
Administrator Search Committee
Mitchell Christian School
805 West 18th Avenue
Mitchell, SD 57301
PHONE: (605) 996-8861
FAX: (605) 996-3642