Operation Christmas Child is a dynamic, fast-paced ministry of Samaritan's Purse that transforms lives around the world through the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We praise God for his provision of growth in the ministry of
Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child and the goal is to continue to take the ministry to the next level by retaining current partners and growing the scope and reach across the country, primarily through the development of leader
volunteers. Samaritan’s Purse is seeking an effective leader, ready for a challenge, with experience managing high capacity volunteers. This Regional Manager position will be located in a satellite office in the Houston area, with frequent interaction
with the staff in the Regional Office in Hurst.
- Leading volunteer teams in a defined geographic area to accomplish goals in the areas of church, community, media and prayer mobilization and the establishment and retention of a collection network;
- Recruiting, selecting, equipping, leading, and developing year-round leader volunteers according to the High Impact model of volunteer ministry;
- Coordinate with Regional Staff and volunteers to create and implement strategic plans and initiatives to accomplish measurable ministry goals.
- Travel throughout the assigned Region, with possibility of occasional travel outside of Region and/or 1-2 international trips per year. Yearly travel averages 50 nights per year.
- Potentially serving on the management team in one of the Operation Christmas Child Processing Centers (Charlotte, NC; Boone, NC; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Baltimore, MD; Minneapolis, MN; Denver, CO; Southern CA) for four weeks in November and December.
- Proven experience in volunteer leadership and management, including motivating and leading volunteer teams in implementing and achieving program goals;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly recommended;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple priorities;
- Self-starter who takes initiative on reaching goals;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, including 12-credit hours of college-level Biblical studies;
- Strong Christian character and support of the mission and objectives of Samaritan’s Purse.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters,
disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Please apply on the Samaritan’s Purse website – Samaritanspurse.org