Scriptures in Use is an Evangelical Missions organization that exists to train indigenous people groups, networks and churches to effectively communicate the Scriptures through traditional oral arts in the mother tongue. This strategy
results in evangelism, discipleship, and leadership development that foster church planting movements among oral cultures.
Vision Statement: SIU seeks to radically accelerate the influence and application of an Oral Bible strategy around the world, fundamentally changing the way church planting is pursued among
the world’s 2.5 billion unreached oral communicators.
Scriptures in Use is seeking to recruit a high caliber, results oriented and self-driven experienced professional to lead this Missionary organization. This leader is responsible for directing the development of SIU training programs
and strategies, oversee US operations management and financial development to meet organizational goals. S/He will uphold and drive the values and vision of
Scriptures in Use, and will report to the Board of Directors.
You will also:
- Lead overall programs and strategy development, including introduction of innovations to accelerate quality results.
- Manage and direct the work in each target region, focusing on results and effectiveness, and assessing performance.
- Oversee, monitor, measure and report to the Board on US operational issues, opportunities, financial development plans, and achievements within the agreed formats and timetables.
- Oversee personnel needs and performance to carry out orderly and timely implementation of SIU operations.
- Write and submit grants and reports to foundations. This will include reporting progress and program results to foundations in a timely manner. Report and connect with major donors in addition to foundations, in order to meet the financial objectives of
- Collaborate with the field directors to assess and appropriately respond to field training needs.
- Participate in major policy and decision making meetings with the SIU Board of Directors.
- Represent SIU in inter-agency meetings and conferences and in public to advocate SIU’s priorities, policies and strategies, and to drive improved results through synergy.
- Personal testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, agreeing with the Lausanne Covenant Statement of Faith. Will joyfully work with evangelical Christians across a broad spectrum.
- Obedient to God’s will.
- Of good reputation, trustworthy, with uncompromising integrity. Teachable. Able to persevere.
- Education or experience equivalent to a BA in Business Administration or Bible College degree in Ministry.
- Preferred five to ten years in ministry team or mission field leadership role.
- International missions experience highly desired.
- Cross cultural comfort and sensitivity.
For information, please contact Phil Anderson, Board Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org