Scriptures in Use is an Evangelical Missions organization that exists to train indigenous people groups, networks and churches to effectively communicate the Scriptures through traditional oral arts in the mother tongue. This strategy results in evangelism, discipleship, and leadership development that foster church planting movements among oral cultures.
Vision Statement: SIU seeks to radically accelerate the influence and application of an Oral Bible strategy around the world, fundamentally changing the way church planting is pursued among the world’s 2.5 billion unreached oral communicators.
Scriptures in Use is seeking to recruit a high caliber, results oriented and self-driven experienced professional to lead this Missionary organization. This leader is responsible for directing the development of SIU training programs and strategies, oversee US operations management and financial development to meet organizational goals. S/He will uphold and drive the values and vision of Scriptures in Use, and will report to the Board of Directors.
You will also:
- Lead overall programs and strategy development, including introduction of innovations to accelerate quality results.
- Manage and direct the work in each target region, focusing on results and effectiveness, and assessing performance.
- Oversee, monitor, measure and report to the Board on US operational issues, opportunities, financial development plans, and achievements within the agreed formats and timetables.
- Oversee personnel needs and performance to carry out orderly and timely implementation of SIU operations.
- Write and submit grants and reports to foundations. This will include reporting progress and program results to foundations in a timely manner. Report and connect with major donors in addition to foundations, in order to meet the financial objectives of SIU.
- Collaborate with the field directors to assess and appropriately respond to field training needs.
- Participate in major policy and decision making meetings with the SIU Board of Directors.
- Represent SIU in inter-agency meetings and conferences and in public to advocate SIU’s priorities, policies and strategies, and to drive improved results through synergy.
- Personal testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, agreeing with the Lausanne Covenant Statement of Faith. Will joyfully work with evangelical Christians across a broad spectrum.
- Obedient to God’s will.
- Of good reputation, trustworthy, with uncompromising integrity. Teachable. Able to persevere.
- Education or experience equivalent to a BA in Business Administration or Bible College degree in Ministry.
- Preferred five to ten years in ministry team or mission field leadership role.
- International missions experience highly desired.
- Cross cultural comfort and sensitivity.
For information, please contact Phil Anderson, Board Chairman at email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- Modesto, California
- September 22
Executive PastorLiving Way Community Church of LA
- Los Angeles, California
- September 13
New Life Christian Church - Chief Operations OfficerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Chantilly, Virginia
- September 6
Scriptures In Use
Scriptures In Use (SIU) exists to provide church planters in-country training opportunities to reach the unreached in oral cultures! Our Training is known as Bridges (which is for men) and Bridges for Women. We guide and mentor each church planter to develop a grassroots church planting ministry through Bible storytelling, dialog and other traditional oral communication methods, because an astonishing 2.5 billion of the world's unreached people belong to oral cultures where traditional communication forms are preferred to reading and writing More...