Under general supervision, provide technical software, hardware, and network problem resolution to all computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in a help desk environment; clearly communicate
technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting; and perform related work as required.
The Help Desk Technician fields all help desk calls from the campus user base and creates a report of the request; resolves all end-user problems; and contacts third-party vendors for warranty service repairs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves problems with school-issued computer software and hardware, company network, the Internet, and new computer technology in a help desk environment for students and staff.
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution for all approved personal computing hardware, software, and equipment.
- Coordinates timely repair of student/staff computers by approved vendors.
- Maintains systems employed in the management of equipment inventory, imaging, and monitoring.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of device images in concert with the director.
- Performs desktop and laptop repair for computer equipment and peripherals (including printers, projectors, and scanners) that are outside of the scope covered by third-party maintenance agreements.
- Recommends computer hardware and software application acquisitions for the purpose of assisting with the design and implementation of the district master plan for technology.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Services.