Family Resource Ministries (FRM) is a 501©3 ministry that owns and operates nine Christian schools in Southern California under the umbrella name of Heights Christian Schools (HCS). HCS owns and operates one junior high school, three elementary schools,
five preschools, and two infant centers. The primary objective of our schools is to bring about the total education of the student spiritually, academically, morally, mentally, socially, and physically.
This position is a vital member of the administrative team. The Administrative Assistant, with authority delegated by the FRM Leadership Team, performs a variety of specialized support duties, as well as performing administrative and secretarial duties for
the FRM Leadership Team. To thrive in this role, an individual must love variety, work independently, communicate well and be extremely organized. We seek a motivated individual with a proven track record in office administration. Position includes annual
salary and benefits.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Create a welcome, positive, people-oriented atmosphere that is both comfortable and businesslike.
- Assist the Receptionist/Secretary with answering incoming calls, screening and directing calls.
- Assist with preparation and marketing of school events (open house, fundraisers, etc.)
- Maintain confidentiality with all conversations, files, records, and materials according to ministry policy and state and federal law.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is needed in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Follows standard practice and procedure.
- Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- 75% of time will be spent providing administrative support to relieve managers and staff of administrative details.
- 25% of time will be spent on special projects.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Proactive and resourceful; ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Experienced computer skills with the willingness to learn specialized computer programs such as QuickBooks, RenWeb and other software applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft desktop applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email messaging tools, etc.
- Experienced with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Yelp.
- Professing Christian with a Biblically sound salvation experience that is clearly communicated.
- Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and in agreement with ministry policy.
- Minimum: High school graduate or equivalent. Two years of previous secretarial/administrative experience.
- Handles stressful situations in a calm manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of personnel and student matters.
Visit our website at http://www.heightschristianschools.org/bulletin-board/index.cfm#d53326 to download our
application as well as see other employment opportunities.
Please fax or email your resume, cover letter, and our employment application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 714-921-9484. NO CALLS PLEASE.