The Union Gospel Mission is a Christian ministry dedicated to serving the homeless, poor, and addicted in our community. By meeting physical, spiritual, emotional, and educational needs, our Mission is changing lives!
The Union Gospel Mission's Donor Engagement team is dedicated to engaging the 50,000+ active donors to the Mission. To do this, the team works to build authentic and intentional Christ-centered relationships that align the donor’s interests/values with the Missions programs and outcomes. The Donor Engagement team works cooperatively and collaboratively with the Mission’s Donor Services, Accounting, and Communications Departments, as well as Executive staff members.
The Development Advisor is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts, outright or deferred, to the Mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain a portfolio of at least 200 major gift donors ($3,000 or more annually).
- Maintain and cultivate a portfolio of at least 30 major gift prospects.
- Conduct 5-10 face-to-face meetings per week with major donors/prospects for qualification, cultivation, solicitation, gift closure and stewardship.
- Develop, in collaboration with the Director of Development, an annual major donor work plan, including specific fundraising and cultivation goals for long-term, lapsed, and new major donors.
- Leverage other UGM initiatives in asking for major gifts; including: WCCO and Praise FM radiothons, Celebration of Hope gala, Soup for the Homeless Soul, and our general direct mail program.
- Actively solicit bequests and assist in other planned giving efforts.
- Solicit and help to coordinate “friend-raiser” type of events within your major donor portfolio.
- Assist with setting annual Donor Engagement revenue goals.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all donor/prospect interactions.
- Work with cross- functional partners to maximize donor engagement opportunities. Key areas include Communications, Accounting, and Donor Services.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
A strong candidate will have a Bachelor degree and at least 3 years of development/fundraising experience or equivalent. Experience in a human service organization is viewed favorably.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to support UGM’s statement of Christian faith and desire to share that faith and knowledge with staff and clients.
- Desire to demonstrate a courteous and Christ-like manner with internal and external partners, while performing all work in a manner exhibiting high integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Team player focused on the overall success of the organization.
- Experience in “making the ask” in relation to development or sales.
- Excellent organizational and coordinating skills.
- Strong knowledge of major gift/donor fundraising practices.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in donor management; Raisers Edge experience preferred, but not required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, evangelical Christian Ministry; as such, employees must share the Mission’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct, and adhere to the Mission’s employee policy manual and guidelines set forth by the organization. This position requires satisfactory completion of criminal background and credit check.
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Union Gospel Mission
Founded in 1902, the Union Gospel Mission is a Christian ministry dedicated to serving the homeless, poor, and addicted in our community. Providing safe shelter, nutritious food, dental and medical care, and a broad variety of life-changing programs, the Mission helps people rebuild their lives - physically, emotionally, spiritually and educationally. Our goal is to encourage each person to value themselves as God values them, to see the gifts they have to offer the world, and to help them seek out a bright future as a fully More...