Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities is a Christian ministry dedicated to serving the homeless, poor, and addicted in our community. By meeting physical, spiritual, emotional, and educational needs, our Mission is changing lives!
- Provides comprehensive and strategic human resources management and direction to departments and organization
- Provides advice and assistance to directors/supervisors on leadership development, employee relations, regulations, and procedures regarding recruitment and hiring, compensation, performance management and disciplinary procedures, employee benefits, and
- Provides consultative direction to program directors/supervisors on best HR practices in specific situations, and coordinates and facilitates timely response to staff needs, as appropriate.
- Provides internal HR strategy, support and planning to Executive Director.
- Designs and executes a competitive talent development for the organization
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts and consults with hiring managers in the planning, approval, and implementation of staffing projections, recruitment strategies, utilization goals, posting/advertising, screening and applicant pool development, requisition/applicant tracking,
and selection support; assists with and facilitates the design of proactive staffing plans.
- Serves as initial point of advice, problem resolution, and facilitation in the areas of leadership development, employee relations, performance management, and employee discipline; advises both employees and management regarding employee relations policies,
procedures, and documentation; researches, identifies, and analyzes specific employee relations concerns and makes appropriate recommendations to client management.
- Provides a range of professional support and problem resolution including, but not limited to, implementation of FMLA and catastrophic leave policies, compliance with ADA, FLSA, and other related regulations and internal policies.
- Provides individual advice and problem resolution to client employees on employee benefits issues; administers individual employee benefits within policy parameters and monitors compliance with policy, procedure, and documentation requirements; participates
in benefit contract renewal negotiations as needed.
- Undertakes research into operating policy and procedure issues and participates as appropriate in the development or revision of operating policy and procedures; analyzes and prepares recommendations to management on specific policy-related issues, as appropriate.
- Develops, designs, and presents in-service and general training to program directors with regards to general and specific human resources policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Monitors, verifies, and authorizes routine personnel actions and requests pertaining to existing employees and new hires, in accordance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Responsible for general office administration and supervision of assigned employees.
- Develops and coordinates Mission internship programs.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the program, and tracks outcome based program objectives.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree; plus a minimum of 5 years of broad HR experience including leadership development, organizational performance, compliance, risk management and supervisory experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations, and public sector employment policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex information, and to define and solve problems.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Experience in HRIS systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to prepare and present training programs and materials.
- Knowledge of compensation administration principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of FMLA and employee leave policies, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of ADA, FLSA, and other employment legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of staff employee benefits laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Able to support UGM’s statement of Christian faith and share that faith and knowledge with staff and clients.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift and carry 5-10lbs
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.