***Do not apply through christianjobs.com. Please visit the post at:
ABOUT FREE WHEELCHAIR MISSION
Free Wheelchair Mission (FWM) is a faith-based, non-profit organization based in Irvine, California. Our mission is to “Transform lives through the gift of mobility to the physically disabled poor in developing countries as motivated by Jesus Christ”. Our vision
is to “To creatively partner with like-minded international humanitarian and indigenous organizations to place 20 million wheelchairs”. Free Wheelchair Mission has grown rapidly since its beginning in 2001, and has shipped over 685,000 wheelchairs to over
84 countries all over the world. Designed to be rugged, durable and inexpensive, the FWM wheelchair costs only $71.88 each to manufacture, deliver and distribute.
Develop and manage a comprehensive multi-channel marketing program that will successfully acquire, cultivate and retain Free Wheelchair Mission donors to raise revenues to reach the organizational goal. The current goal is providing the gift of mobility
to 1.2 million disabled people in developing countries by 2017.
The Director of Marketing is a direct report to the Executive Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop appropriate plans for strategic use of multi-channel marketing campaigns and events.
- Lead the marketing team (currently including a graphic designer, a writer, and an event manager/volunteer program manager) in coordinated, strategic marketing efforts.
- Achieve results within the current budget for new donor acquisition and cultivation across all donor segments. Develop the marketing budget going forward working with the Executive Director.
- Develop key branding for all marketing campaigns.
- Analyze effectiveness of all current marketing efforts and modify strategies based upon results.
- Research and implement strategic projects and campaigns in order to deliver a strong return on investment.
- Work collaboratively with other Executive Team members to maximize Free Wheelchair Missions’ impact.
- Ensure that marketing efforts are carried out in keeping with the mission, vision, and values. Demonstrate passion about sharing the message and vision of Free Wheelchair Mission.
- Participate in staff development and fundraising events.
- Five—seven years experience managing multiple marketing channels or product lines.
- Experience in providing supervisory leadership for an effective, productive work team.
- Deep understanding of Social Media and Search Engine Optimization.
- Strong experience in Direct Response marketing with proven track record of revenue generation.
- Experience in the non-profit marketing and fundraising or philanthropic sectors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Outstanding verbal, written, and e-mail communication skills that can articulate a compelling case for donating to Free Wheelchair Mission.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, problem solve, and work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to interact diplomatically with diverse donors and groups.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and proficiency in using computer software and knowledge of donor base management; experience with Raiser’s Edge database a plus.
- Availability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Detailed information can be found at:
For information on this position, please contact:
The Dingman Company, Inc.