Organization: Compass College of Cinematic Arts
Position: Development Director
Compass College of Cinematic Arts (CCCA) is a premier, faith-based film college. Its accelerated program is set in a unique, conservatory-like environment. Through high-end training and special mentoring process, young artists – future writers, designers, producers, directors, and executives - bring forth a distinctly creative and technical skill set, a strong work ethic, and a Christ-centered focus that fosters entrepreneurial success and serves as an asset on film and television shoots, and in executive studio and corporate settings. CCCA provides God-gifted artists with the spiritual and creative tools needed to create experiential and culturally impacting stories.
Reporting to and in partnership with the President, the Development Director will lead development efforts as Compass College continues to grow. As a newer position in the organization, the Development Director will have the opportunity to build the development functions. The Development Director will be responsible for creating and executing a comprehensive plan to maximize fundraising success and meet annual goals for external donor support.
- Develop and execute Compass College’s fundraising plan.
- Cultivate/solicit individual donor prospects securing financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Arrange personal visits and engage prospects and donors through campus visits and special events.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Manage the implementation of database software along with data entry tracking and gift processing.
- Develop, track, and report on proposals for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Write timely follow-up and related materials such as contact reports, cover and thank you letters, email correspondence, reports and proposals.
- Perform other tasks or responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit, positive attitude and energy to implement new strategies and meet goals.
- Ability to make a persuasive verbal and written case supporting projects and programs within the college, effectively matching the interests of prospects to the strategic needs of the college.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills with a proven ability to meet fundraising goals.
- Ability to complete projects on time and on budget, while reporting status and progress.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work independently.
- Advanced computer skills with experience using MS Office and databases.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 year successful development experience including cultivation and solicitation of individual donors and foundations.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed.
- Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, motor vehicle checks and credit history based upon the requirements of the position.
- Moderate overnight travel and occasional evening and weekend commitments.
To submit a cover letter and resume, or for a full job description, please email email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Regional Director, MidwestChildren's Hunger Fund
- Homewood, Illinois
- October 27
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4