Job Posting: Radio Broadcast Chief Engineer
Posting Date: April 2014
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position Overview: The Radio Broadcast Chief Engineer will also:
- Operate, maintain and repair studio and transmitter equipment.
- Perform required FCC measurements and logging; must maintain facilities in compliance
with FCC Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure that all broadcast related equipment is operating and maintained in accordance
with all applicable regulations and good engineering practices.
The position of Chief Engineer for our stations requires hands-on tech skills and will be a key member of the local management team.
Responsibilities, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or comparable experience in Broadcast Engineering
- At least 10 years of experience in an advanced technical position within the field of Radio Broadcast Engineering. SBE Certification at the Certified Broadcast Radio Engineer level or higher.
- Must have exceptional communication and organizational skills and be capable of tracking and budgeting expenses with the General Manager.
- Proven experience in studio transmitter, RF and IT systems planning, development & project management experience.
- Operational experience with satellite uplink/downlink equipment; RF transmission remote control gear, STL.
- IP Streaming, station automation and Internet audio delivery systems.
- An advanced level of understanding of high-power FM transmitters and all related equipment as well as the skills to troubleshoot problems with RF, digital and analog systems.
- Good working knowledge of computer-based digital audio systems (Enco preferred) and computer networking, transmitter remote control systems, RDS and HD Radio technologies and I/P based audio distribution and routing systems.
- Knowledge of FCC technical rules and regulations.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit packing including medical, dental, life, 401(k) to full time employment.
To submit a resume, send to:
KSLR/KLUP/THE FISH – Salem Communications
Attention: Jan Johnson
9601 McAllister Freeway, Suite 1200
San Antonio, TX 78216
KLUP and KSLR are San Antonio’s Conservative News Talk and Christian Talk and Teaching stations. The Fish San Antonio.com is San Antonio’s Contemporary Christian Music, online. We are owned by Salem Communications, Corp. (Nasdaq” SALM) headquarted in Camarillo, California. KSLR/KLUP/THEFISH is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
News Reporter-Greenville, SCSalem Media Group
- Greenville, South Carolina
- October 21
Sales Marketing Assistant-Glendale, CASalem Media Group
- Glendale, California
- October 21
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
Advertising Sales Consultant-Omaha, NESalem Media Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- October 18
Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publ More...