Generation Alive – Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Supervisor: Generation Alive Board of Directors
Salary Range: $60K - $65K annually
Description: The CEO is responsible for the professional leadership and management of Generation Alive. The CEO works in concert with the board, staff and volunteers to propel Generation Alive forward in the development and implementation
of internal and external goals that reflect the organization's vision, mission and strategic plan. The CEO provides overall leadership for strategy, organizational development, implementation, financial oversight and fund development.
Management and Finance
- Provide leadership in developing and managing organizational and financial plans.
- Carry out plans and policies as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee maintenance of financial and donor databases to ensure both are current and accurate.
- Develop annual operating budget, in concert with Finance Committee, and monitor adherence to approved operating budget.
- Oversee operational activities, ensuring that programs are within budget and aligned with Generation Alive’s mission and strategic goals.
- Develop and maintain meaningful strategic partnerships that aid Generation Alive in achieving strategic goals.
Development and Fundraising
- Develop and sustain a diverse funding base. With an emphasis on individual giving, corporate giving, foundational giving and grants.
- Lead strategic efforts to identify and cultivate prospective donors and effectively steward existing donors.
Board and Committee Relations
- Assist the Board in maintaining and promoting the mission and vision of the organization.
- Work with the Board to ensure effective and efficient committee structures.
- Serve as liaison to Board committees.
- Communicate regularly with the Board Chair.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection and orientation of new Board members and officers.
- Assist the Board Chair in planning the agenda and materials for Board meetings and planning retreats.
- Provide CEO’s report at monthly Board Meetings.
Public Relations and Communications
- Serve as primary spokesperson for Generation Alive in order to increase awareness for the organization and its programs.
- Increase the visibility of the organization through the development and implementation of a sustainable marketing plan geared to its various constituencies and the general public.
- Oversee all internal and external communications, including fundraising materials, newsletters, donor letters, event programs, brochures, flyers and press releases.
- Recruit, manage, inspire, motivate and empower a strong staff team.
- Develop and implement appropriate human resource policies and procedures, maintain non-profit compliance, hiring and firing, and performance management for all staff.
- Encourage continual staff development and education.
Other Duties As Assigned
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated Christian values and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated management experience, including staff development and fund development; non-profit management experience preferred.
- Fund development experience, including knowledge of and success in attracting corporate gifts and grants; ability to identify, steward and solicit individual donors.
- Evidence of clear administrative skills, leadership and ability to work with volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to represent Generation Alive in both secular and religious arenas.
- Highly motivated and committed to the mission of Generation Alive.
- Ability to immediately establish relationships with leaders in the community, volunteers, board members, staff and donors.
- High level of energy, integrity, entrepreneurialism and a sense of humor.
If interested please forward the following information to the Generation Alive Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Letter of Interest
3) Three Professional References
Position Closes: 05/04/2013
Date Last Reviewed/Revised: March 2014