Donor Relations Officer
World Mission is a Christian based non-profit organization founded in 1994 with the purpose of sharing the gospel in third-world environments. The ministry has a rich heritage including the support of fruitful projects such as orphanages, youth ministries,
and mission aviation but since 2000 the diversified background was replaced with a very singular focus. This concentrated purpose involves sharing the Good News and making disciples among those who have never heard about Christ. They are called unreached and
unengaged people. We accomplish this by distributing solar powered audio Bibles (The Treasure), mobilizing indigenous leadership and utilizing strategic compassion projects.
“We deliver the Word of God in audio format (The Treasure) to oral learners living in unreached people groups.”
The general purpose for this position is to establish and grow relationships with current and prospective major donors for the purpose of increasing financial support to the ministry. While the primary emphasis will be on operational support, endowment and
capital funding will also be sought.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and provide ongoing relational communication with major gift prospects and assigned current donors.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of 125-150 current and prospective major donors; and visit an average of 300 current and prospective major gift prospects yearly (or 25 per month).
- Work collaboratively and strategically with the Executive Director and the board to increase the relationship-building efforts of World Mission.
- Coordinate and encourage donor involvement in ministry fundraising events and programs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of fundraising best practices and attend seminars and conferences annually for personal growth and development.
- Must be a committed follower of Christ and an active member of an evangelical Christian church.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree, preferably in business, marketing or a related field.
- Minimum three years of successful experience in major gift fundraising and successful track record in closing gifts in the five figures and up range preferred.
- An interest in nonprofit Christian organizations, with some history of giving and working for these organizations, which results in deriving satisfaction from raising money.
- Strong passion for World Mission’s mission and adherence to the ministry’s core values.
- Possess high moral integrity and ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Willing to travel throughout West Michigan and able to make evening and weekend presentations.
- Broad knowledge of charitable giving through estate planning.
To submit a cover letter and resume, or for a full job description, please email email@example.com.