This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Men's Ministries
Union Gospel Mission of Salem, Oregon
Salem, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 12/24/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing 1) effective services for homeless men, and 2) residential program for men dealing with life-controlling issues and addictions including the operation of Valley Employment & Career Services (VECS) and the Adult Learning Center.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Provides spiritual leadership, training, scheduling, program development and administrative supervision for various programs and services offered at the Mens Mission, including, but not limited to:
Guest Services (transient & emergency services)
New Life Fellowship Program (discipleship & recovery program)
Bible Studies, recovery and life skills classes
Christian Service Internship Program (ministry training program)
Food Service, housekeeping and building and grounds maintenance
Valley Employment & Careers Services program, including Learning Center Program
2. Approves and dismisses guests, program participants and volunteers as appropriate.
3. With the approval of the Executive Director responsible for hiring, training, disciplining and termination of staff.
4. Under the supervision of the Executive Director assist with budget preparation and maintaining operational expenses within budget and expected income projections
5. Gathers, assembles and submits all necessary paperwork and reports necessary for month-end and other reporting requirements
6. Attend various Mission functions and meetings as required
7. Maintain a positive, encouraging Christian work atmosphere by demonstrating and training staff in appropriate Customer Service C.A.R.E. standards.
A. Committed - performs job with integrity - respects and honors others
B. Attentive - models honesty and courtesy to all. Good listener.
C. Responsive - Takes responsibility for quality results. Serves effectively.
D. Excellent - Seeks to improve performance while providing excellent service.
8. Participate in community outreach, fellowship and continued Christian growth.
9. Assist with other duties as needed and as directed by the Executive Director (Pres./CEO)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1. Excellent management, administrative organizational and interpersonal skills required.
2. Excellent written communication skills.
3. Knowledge of recovery and substance abuse issues required.
4. Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office 2003 applications.
5. Ability to work in a multi-task environment.
6. Ability to demonstrate grace and compassion, even while administering disciplinary actions required.
7. Valid OR State Drivers License and able to use own vehicle for occasional business purposes.
8. Must agree with Union Gospel Mission of Salems Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1. Excellent management, administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
2. Excellent written communication skills. Ability to speak in public relations role.
3. Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office 2003 applications.
4. Ability to work in a multi-task environment.
5. Valid OR State Drivers License and able to use own vehicle for occasional business purposes.
6. Must agree with Union Gospel Mission of Salems Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct.
Education: BA/BS degree (preferably in Business or Ministry related field) or equivalent years of experience required.
Experience: Minimum 5 years supervisory experience of at least 5 people. Minimum 5 years experience in 'rescue or recovery ministry or closely related field