This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Everett Gospel Mission
Everett, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 02/18/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
CASE MANAGERJOB DESCRIPTION
Reports To: Womens Director EGM (President/CEO in absence of WD)
GENERAL JOB PURPOSE/SUMMARY STATEMENT
Enhance the ability for clients to reach stability and self-sufficiency through advocacy and referrals to agencies that address their individual needs . Networking within the community, representing EGM, while establishing working relationships in support of individual case loads.
An EGM Case Manager provides case by case leadership for the case assigned clients of our ministry. Ensures availability of our direct ministry services to the women, in our programs, within her assigned groups. The CM is responsible for providing training and mentoring for, and creating positive volunteer relations with, those volunteers supporting EGM work. The CM is also responsible to assure the highest quality case management services, and work effectively with other ministry personnel, to assure quality, in our efforts under her care. The CM is responsible to help create an overall team atmosphere of prayerful work community that is focused on positive team relationships, which glorify God and work responsibly to make Christ known.
Continuously strengthen and protect EGMs mission, through increasing standards and services for women and opportunities to hear the gospel, within her case management portfolio, thereby increasing our mission reach and impact.
1. Introducing clients to the Lord while establishing a working relationship aligned to case management goals.
2. Provides careful screening for client intake.
3. Assesses each assigned client carefully for basic needs, financial goals and provides an Action Plan and Case Management in all circumstances.
4. Assesses each family dynamic and refers the children for needs and resources aligned to the family Action Plan.
5. Insures compliance procedures with mandated reporting to protect children from abuse and neglect.
6. Assesses and provides case management for extended needs as is appropriate in each case.
7. Advocates responsibly and plans for resources for individual needs of each family member.
8. Encourages and counsels clients through the Genesis Process.
9. Ensures recording accurate and timely DAP notes and ESAP reports in all circumstances.
10. Remains on call as required supporting safe and protected caseload.
11. Speaks in the community for EGM as requested.
12. Teaches life skills and spiritual classes as assigned.
13. Trains and monitors the Residents assistance to assure a safe and successful program experience.
14. Maintains client referrals for Snohomish Co Legal Services as assigned
15. Snohomish Co Homeless Prevention Funding & Processing as assigned
16. Maintain and Process HCCP and SHP Daycare funding programs as assigned
17. Attends and participates in EGM staff meetings as required.
18. Provides crisis intervention and conflict resolution as needed.
19. Updates and closes out exit files for clients completing the programs and provides statistics for record retention.
20. Facilitates monthly, as part of a team, all house meetings including praise and worship
21. Participates in EGM events and activities in support of team.
22. Attends outside agency meetings and any appropriate outreach at the County Jail
23. Checks the chores and rooms for cleanliness and maintenance per the standards of our programs.
Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of EGM; adheres to the Statement of Faith, upholds EGM in prayer; demonstrates behaviors aligned with EGM Core Values.
Mature committed Christian with conviction of Gods leading to Christian service in carefully managed social services work.
Self-motivated team player able to work with minimal supervision.
Able to favorably influence and win long-term confidence and trust with others.
Enthusiastic, genuinely kind and friendly.
Able to maintain high output without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
Able to keep appropriate confidential information confidential.
Emotionally mature and resilient; capable of handling pressure and rejection without inappropriate disappointment.
Unquestionable integrity; a strong sense of professional ethics and personal stewardship of ministry resources.
A.A. degree in bible, social services or a business related area, or equivalent professional experience in a ministry, county social services or a business field.
Prior experience in staff leadership, key volunteer level with non-profit organizations a plus, but not required.
Skills, Abilities, and Special Talents/Gifts
Must operate and source efforts for ministry from maturing and deepening relationship in Christ.
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Self-motivated authentic team player with a sense of humor who is flexible, proactive, and able to multitask.
Ability to interact positively with all levels of our Christian organization and across organizational and diverse external cultural opportunities.