The Director of MFI Programs is a senior level role, responsible for the direction and management of all of HOPE International’s global Christ-centered microfinance program activities.
Location: Lancaster, PA, United States
Level: Senior Management
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
The Director of MFI Programs is a senior level role, responsible for the direction and management of all of HOPE International's global Christ-centered microfinance program activities.
HOPE International is a network of microenterprise development (MED) programs operating in 17 countries around the world, effectively reaching over 600,000 entrepreneurs around the world with the Gospel and love of Jesus Christ and the opportunity to start or expand a business. Over the last fifteen years, HOPE has operated MFIs in difficult environments.
HOPE's strategy is to build and operate Christ-Centered institutions, focusing on doing our work with God-honoring excellence, while growing to reach the poor. There are six MFIs that are owned or managed by HOPE International, and seven MFIs where HOPE is either a minority shareholder or a partner of like-minded Christ-centered MFIs. The Director of MFI would oversee all facets of the "HOPE-led" programs, and serve as primary point of contact for the "HOPE-partner" programs.
Senior organizational leadership
- Develop and manage planning for the MFI programs, currently in thirteen countries, in coordination with the Vice President of Operations and other Executive Team members; Lead planning and discernment for growth of the microfinance network over the coming years
- Model servant leadership in the work environment. Develop and maintain a culture that models Biblical principles and incorporates an intentional and effective Christian witness in all Programs
- Direct the establishment of mission aligned church and ministry partnerships within the countries where we serve
MFI program development and delivery
- Develop long term strategy for programming that achieves the mission of HOPE International
- Manage relationships with HOPE's various partners and programs
- Directly manage HOPE staff members who are dedicated to MFI programs. This includes employees based in our Central Services Unit (CSU) in Lancaster, PA and those who are located in our program sites
- Develop and implement program models consistent with HOPE's mission, values, and core methodology
- Implement and oversee "spiritual integration" within the MFI programs, where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is spoken, shared, and lived out in all interactions with clients and staff
- Establish goals for all MFI programs, maintain consistent and timely progress in reaching goals, and evaluate how goals are being met
- Create and manage to policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and local regulations and laws
- Monitor program results and adapt programs to increase effectiveness, efficiency, transformational impact and cultural relativity
- Maintain and utilize working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the industry
- Create new programs and products that employ innovative, leading edge methodologies. Research and deploy technological solutions to improve program effectiveness and efficiency
- Oversee the research and investigation of new program opportunities
- Gather, analyze, document and report program data in a clear and meaningful way
MFI program team administration
- Conduct regular performance assessments of staff members on MFI team
- Maintain a climate that emphasizes servant leadership and Christian values, one which attracts, keeps, and motivates top quality staff
- Propose and direct a long-term strategic plan for MFI programs and establish goals for its achievement with all team members
- Prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Review monthly financial reports and program metrics, and implement corrective actions to achieve objectives
- Ensure that all MFI program funding is disbursed appropriately, timely, and in accordance with contract requirements and donor designations
- Liaise with development team to ensure appropriate funding and grants are appropriated, and that source information for grant reporting is provided in a timely manner
- Communicate with HOPE Board of Directors, external partners, and donors to communicate program performance and strategy
- Encourage the professional development of staff so they may increase their effectiveness on behalf of HOPE
- In coordination with our development team, serve as spokesperson for HOPE, representing HOPE’s programs and point of view to other organizations and the general public
- Cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with local regulators and government agencies
- Establish sound working relationships with donors, churches, agencies and other organizations
- Demonstrated team management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage systems and to think strategically
- Experience developing budgets
- Foreign language skills preferred (e.g., French, Spanish, Mandarin, Russian)
- Demonstrated working relationships with executives, board members, and volunteers
- Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the mission of HOPE International
- Passionate commitment to HOPE’s mission of Christ-centered microfinance
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in economics, business management, or equivalent plus 10+ years of professional experience
- 10+ years of professional experience in financial services and/or banking strongly preferred
- Direct experience in financial services, banking and/or microfinance management preferred
- International experience in difficult countries (e.g., Haiti, DRC, Afghanistan, etc.) and preferably experience living abroad
How to apply
Deadline to apply is April 9, 2014.
Please send resume & cover letter in English to Rachel Spier Weaver, at email@example.com. Only resumes & cover letters submitted to this address can be considered. Due to the anticipated volume of candidates, we are unfortunately unable to respond to phone calls or individual inquiries.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
Business AdministratorSUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Oakland, California
- September 15
V.P. of Finance / Chief Financial OfficerSUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Oakland, California
- September 15
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Financial DirectorOurCalling, Inc.
- Dallas, Texas
- September 15
HOPE International is a network of microfinance institutions operating in 16 countries around the world. We work to empower men, women, and families to break the cycles of physical and spiritual poverty through the provision of biblically based business training, savings services, small loans, mentoring, and discipleship. By incorporating a strong witness for Jesus Christ and employing a variety of approaches to microfinance, HOPE is an innovator in the field of microenterprise development. More...