You will never find a job posting like this one . . .
Our Mission : To Minister the love of Jesus Christ to the Least, the Last , and the Lost of our Community through the provision of assistance in the areas of guidance, counseling, education, job training, shelter, food, clothing, health services, and independent living communities.
Our newly opened Major Gifts Officer position at the Orange County Rescue Mission's corporate offices in Tustin is a unique opportunity for a qualified Major Gifts Officer to join our dynamic growing organization. We are looking for someone with previous sales/fundraising experience working for a non-profit organization. All prospective applicants must complete our Job Application, which includes a statement of faith. http://www.rescuemission.org/jobs/ocrm-application/
For more information, please visit our website at www.RescueMission.org. Please read through the job description carefully. If you feel called to apply, please do so with a joyful heart. Thank you
Position Summary: Proactively solicits and secures major contributions of cash and in-kind gifts from individual donors, companies, foundations and groups.
Operations & Manager Level
CORE Performance Expectations
Ministry & Outcomes
Goals: Students understand what is expected of them; Students experience a seamless system of care; Students become self-sufficient & thriving; Students, volunteers & staff are safe.
- Adhere to the Mission and Values statements.
- Infuse the Wild at Heart and Captivating ministry messages into ministry services.
- Ensure that all students and guests adhere to all rules, policies and procedures.
- Perform the twelve core functions of case management which includes intake, orientation, coaching & exit interviews.
- Deliver support services & programs to as needed to successfully accomplish the student self-sufficiency metrics.
- Provide safe & secure data collection, record keeping & outcomes measurement.
Facilities, Assets & Equipment
Goals: Strong stewardship of donated resources; Provide ready access to needed resources; Minimize waste of donated resources; and Students, volunteers & staff are safe.
- Maintain high levels of utilization of assets and equipment & 90% occupancy of facilities.
- Manage a maintenance schedule and maintain a high level of maintenance with all facilities, assets and equipment.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate levels of supplies and resources.
- Carryout regular health & safety inspections.
Financial & Human Resources
Goals: Develop and maintain a high performance level for all staff; Staff members fully understand what expectations are placed on them; Maintain and comply with all government and industry standards; Optimize internal and external relationships; Achieve or exceed income forecasts; Reduce expenses without sacrificing outcomes.
- Provide staff and volunteer supervision including training & coaching.
- Perform expense reduction & expense budget management.
- Implement and achieve fiscal year income fund raising goals.
- Manage friend raising & relationship building internally & externally.
Other Applicable Responsibilities:
- Manage relationships with prospective donors and identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these very important relationships to support the needs of RM.
- Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, development staff, and other representatives to cultivate and solicit donors for companywide priorities.
- Monitors all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle including initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors, develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors.
- Personally invites the major donors to RM activities and events.
- Arranges and conducts private/ group tours of RM facilities when appropriate.
- Conducts oral presentations to service clubs, groups, and churches assigned.
- Participates in the community by serving in a service club on behalf of RM.
- Assists on projects, and/ or activities as needed in the Development Department.
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace.
- Identifies 10 “blue-chip” prospects each fiscal year and introduces them to OCRM.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel. The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience. Five years successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising preferably in a ministry or non-profit setting.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the organization.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts.
- Demonstrated leadership coupled with a “detailed approach” to administration and organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to address conflict with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Hands-on PC compatible computer knowledge, understanding and skill.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
- Knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets and estates.
- Able to articulate the case for support so that individuals "buy in" to the vision/mission/goals and with sufficient effectiveness to secure gifts at assigned donor giving levels.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Experience with database entry, reporting, and maintenance.
- Basic typing (40 wpm).
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Regular involvement in a local Bible-believing church.
- Signed acknowledgement of the OCRM Statement of Faith.
- Regular timely attendance.
Position is primarily first shift, however may require work beyond the normal hours and on weekends/holidays, as typical operations runs 24x7. The position requires work in a busy, open area office where the Major Gifts Officer will spend long hours sitting and using office and computer equipment which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. This position may also require some lifting of supplies and materials and bending.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Manager of Digital GivingAmerican Bible Society
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Orange County Rescue Mission
Serving the least, the last and the lost - providing shelter, food, health care, guidance & training to neighbors in need.
To minister the love of Jesus Christ to the Least, the Last, and the Lost of our Community through the provision of assistance in the areas of guidance, counseling, education, job training, shelter, food, clothing, health care and independent living communities.