Today’s Youth Matter is a Bay Area Christian based organization operating summer and winter camps including year-round programs, tutoring/mentoring, and monthly gatherings for disadvantaged urban kids from 8-18 years old.
Vision: Our vision is to transform the lives of hundreds of children, break the cycle of abuse and violence and enable them to thrive through their teen years into college and beyond.
TYM is a Christian organization which values:
- People by creating a Christ-centered community through love, grace, truth, and compassion
- The work of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, as revealed in the Holy Bible, through Jesus Christ in transforming the lives of individuals to bring forth an effective life of Christian faith and service
- The importance of reaching kids during their formative years in providing a foundation for their spiritual, relational and academic growth..
- The commitment to good stewardship, integrity and accountability in all that we do
The Development Director will be responsible for acquiring and nurturing relationships with current and prospective supporters, volunteers and the community to assure the on-going support of TYM. Focus is on sharing what God is doing through TYM and intentionally
developing relationships that invite people into deep and meaningful partnership that will facilitate the ongoing funding of TYM’s programs. This will occur through the areas of marketing, direct mail, grant writing, volunteer programs, community relations,
on-line strategies and events as well as working with the Executive Director in the area of major donor development and relationships. Participation with the Board of Directors and staff will provide communication and response throughout the ministry in the
critical and important area of development. This ultimately honors God’s principle of stewardship as it relates to people offering time, talents, and resources to support His work at TYM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Represent Today’s Youth Matter
- Personally represent the ministry to current and prospective donors;
- Effectively communicate the mission, scope, and program strategies of TYM.
Intentionally Build Relationships
- Find and connect with the right people. Discover who they are and what they care about. Maintain the donor database with background, interests and other information important to the development of an effective relationship.
- Win personal and trusting relationships. Engage in the areas of greatest mission alignment.
- Keep donors feeling connected, updated, and valued as true partners.
Serve and Care for Donors
- Thank donors by providing timely and personal acknowledgement of giving.
- Provide personalized reports at least annually showing the impact of donors’ giving and why it matters. Adjust according to donors’ preferred mode and frequency of reporting.
- Prepare a strategy and annual development plan including a planned giving program to insure the on-going support of the ministry.
- Oversee the strategy and assure the implementation of the annual development plan for the purpose of acquiring and maintaining relationships with supporters
- Personally engage donors through a variety of means such as personal visits, special events, vision trips, conference calls, and personal correspondence (with a priority on face-to-face interaction).
- Accurately document all donor contact and information into the donor database.
- Assist in preparation of the annual operating plan
- Work with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to assure ongoing relationships with major donors through major donor strategy; this will include individuals, couples, churches, businesses, and foundations
- Lead staff as applicable in the areas of on line and direct mail marketing, volunteer program, community relations, gift processing, database maintenance, events, and grants
- Provide reporting and analysis in areas such as on line and direct mail, major donor activities, events, and revenue projections to staff and the Board of Directors on an ongoing basis
- Public speaking engagements as needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have a deep and mature relationship with Jesus Christ, be willing to share that journey in building relationships with donors.
- Must have the highest personal integrity, be a self-motivated and proactive worker, possess a high relational/emotional intelligence, excellent communicator, value confidentiality, and be a team player who builds trust and credibility within TYM and outside
of the ministry.
- Strong interest and commitment to urban disadvantaged youth
- Strong relational and communication skills
- Ability to network and engage people to action
- Strong public speaking and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and minimum 4 years in marketing, gift solicitations, communications and management experience required, non-profit experience and some financial knowledge preferred
- Passion for the Mission Statement of TYM
- Flexible and ability to reprioritize
- Office setting with frequent telephone and visitor contacts
- Frequent meetings and errands off site requiring personal transportation (e)
- Lifting of items under 30 lbs (e)
- Flexible hours; evenings and weekends will be required at times.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefit package provided.
For more information on TYM please visit our website at www.tymkids.org
e) Denotes “essential function” as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)