Job Title: Junior High Girls Physical Education Teacher
Job Status: Full-time – Salary
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department: Physical Education
Reports to: Department Lead
It is the primary responsibility of the teacher to provide classroom instruction to the students of The King’s Academy, as well as being a positive role model to them. Teachers should view their role as ministry, helping each student towards reaching their full potential in Christ.
The High School Girls Physical Education teacher will be responsible for teaching a variety of physical education skills to 6th-12th grade girls. Teaching how to live a healthy, fit lifestyle is an important component to the classes taught.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual/dual/team sports, utilizing curriculum designated by Newport News Public Schools and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of Newport News Public Schools.
- Work cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning and implementing a balanced physical education program.
- Analyze, demonstrate, and explain basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Develop lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the department’s basic instructional philosophy and congruent with course and SOL standards; provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Supervise students in and out of classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Provide appropriate safety instruction and make safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Evaluate each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports.
- Administer testing in accordance with department testing practices.
- Evaluate academic and social growth of students, prepare report cards, and keep appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
- Model nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Maintain control of storage and use of school property.
- Communicate with parents and school administration on student progress, and keep an accurate record of such conversations.
- Check voice messages and emails daily, at a minimum.
- Return phone calls and emails within 24 hours.
- Attend Grade Level and Department meetings, as scheduled.
- Always keep an emergency lesson plan and current substitute folder in case of an unexpected absence.
- Advise the Department Lead as soon as plans to be away from the classroom are being considered.
- Lead a daily student homegroup.
- Attend the Staff Retreat every year, as scheduled by the Administration.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
For more information, go to http://www.tka.org
- Commitment to serving Christ
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education or related field
- Three years of physical education teaching experience preferred
- The King’s Academy offers excellent benefits to employees and their families. Please check our website for more information at www.tkabenefits.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Early Education TeacherCommunity 54:13 dba Children's Promise Centers
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 21
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Family Teaching Couple (House Parents)The Children's Home
- Amarillo, Texas
- September 14
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
The King's Academy
Located in Sunnyvale, CA, The King’s Academy is a private Christ-centered college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The school was established in 1991. The King’s Academy is for students who have teachable hearts and coachable spirits. We offer a loving, family environment where students are encouraged to grow in their relationships with Jesus, their family, teachers, and others. We are committed to developing God’s best for each student spiritually, academically, morally, and socially through every program an More...