Job Title: Mathematics Teacher
Job Status: Full-time – Salary
Exempt Status: Exempt
Reports to: Department Lead
It is the primary responsibility of the teacher to provide classroom instruction to the students of The King’s Academy, as well as being a positive role model to them. Teachers should view their role as ministry, helping each student towards reaching their full potential in Christ.
The Mathematics Teacher position is a full-time position that typically requires teaching five classes, in two subjects, plus one period of tutoring. The subjects for which we have immediate needs are Algebra 1 and Algebra 2, though that may change.
Ideally, this teacher will also sponsor our Math Club, with the help of parent volunteers, and coordinate mathematics competitions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare detailed lesson plans, using the school’s ESLRs in planning and preparing them.
- Instruct the students in the classroom, using a variety of teaching methods to reach every student with the material.
- Actively work with the rest of the Math Department to improve instruction in assigned subjects, and coordination across subjects.
- Grade all assignments, tests, quizzes, and projects in a timely manner, using the grading scale provided by the school.
- Keep an accurate record of all grades for each student, submitting them to the Registrar in a timely manner.
- Keep an accurate record of all attendance and tardies for each student.
- Communicate with parents on an “as needed” basis regarding their student’s academic or behavioral status in the class.
- Check voice messages and emails daily, at a minimum.
- Return phone calls and emails within 24 hours.
- Keep an accurate record of all communications with parents.
- Record the day’s or week’s homework on Veracross for access by students and parents.
- Coordinate field trips and special events, as needed.
- Maintain discipline in the classroom to insure maximum learning.
- Attend Grade Level and Department meetings, as scheduled.
- Provide an uncluttered, healthy, and neat area that promotes a good learning and working environment.
- Lead a daily student home group.
- Attend the Staff Retreat every year, as scheduled by the Administration.
- Keep an emergency lesson plan and current substitute folder in case of an unexpected absence.
- Advise the Department Lead as soon as plans to be away from the classroom are being considered.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
For more information go to http://www.tka.org
- Commitment to serving Christ.
- Experience in youth ministry.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, science, or engineering.
- Training or experience in education is preferred.
- The King’s Academy offers excellent benefits to employees and family. Please check our web-site for more information at www.tkabenefits.com .
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Intervention SpecialistJubilee Leadership Academy
- Prescott, Washington
- October 2
The King's Academy
Located in Sunnyvale, CA, The King’s Academy is a private Christ-centered college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The school was established in 1991. The King’s Academy is for students who have teachable hearts and coachable spirits. We offer a loving, family environment where students are encouraged to grow in their relationships with Jesus, their family, teachers, and others. We are committed to developing God’s best for each student spiritually, academically, morally, and socially through every program an More...