Job Status: Full-time – Salary
Exempt Status: Exempt
Reports to: Department Lead
First Review date: April 30, 2014
It is the primary responsibility of the teacher to provide classroom instruction to the students of The King’s Academy, as well as being a positive role model to them. Teachers should view their role as ministry, helping each student towards
reaching their full potential in Christ.
The dance program at The King’s Academy is designed for students who have not had any formal dance experience, as well as those who have studied in outside studios, and offers the chance to learn basic dance skills, as well as develop and further their dance
ability. We want to provide the opportunity for students to try a variety of dance genres. We are aware that we are not able to provide a true dance studio environment for our students, so the dancer who may be considering going on with dance at the college
level will likely also be involved with a studio outside of our school.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare detailed lesson plans, using the school’s ESLRs in planning and preparing them.
- Clearly instruct the students in the classroom.
- Grade all assignments, tests, quizzes, and projects in a timely manner, using the grading scale provided by the school.
- Keep an accurate record of all grades for each student, submitting them to the Registrar in a timely manner.
- Keep an accurate record of all attendance and tardies for each student.
- Communicate with parents on an “as needed” basis regarding their student’s academic or behavioralstatus in the class
- Check voice messages and emails daily, at a minimum.
- Return phone calls and emails within 24 hours.
- Keep an accurate record of all communications with parents.
- Record the day’s or week’s homework on Veracross for access by students and parents.
- Coordinate field trips and special events, as needed.
- Maintain discipline in the classroom to insure maximum learning.
- Attend Grade Level and Department meetings, as scheduled.
- Provide an uncluttered, healthy, and neat area that promotes a good learning and working environment.
- Always keep an emergency lesson plan and current substitute folder in case of an unexpected absence.
- Advise the Department Lead as soon as plans to be away from the classroom are being considered.
- Lead a daily student homegroup.
- Attend the Staff Retreat every year, as scheduled by the Administration.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- Possibility of choreographing Junior and Senior High Musicals
- Possibility of instructing Band Color Guard
For more information check http://www.tka.org
Key Desired Qualifications
- Commitment to serving Christ
- Experience teaching dance in a studio setting to teens
- Ability to teach a variety of dance genres: ballet, modern, jazz, hip hop, tap, and/or supervise teachers in those areas
- A Team player
- High level of patience and composure
- Bachelor’s degree in Dance or equivalent dance experience
- The King’s Academy offers excellent benefits to employees and family. Please check our web-site for more information at www.tkabenefits.com .