Job Title: Junior High (8) Science Teacher
Job Status: Part-time – Salary
Exempt Status: Exempt
Reports to: Department Lead
It is the primary responsibility of the teacher to provide classroom instruction to the students of The King’s Academy, as well as being a positive role model to them. Teachers should view their role as ministry, helping each student towards reaching their full potential in Christ.
The 8th grade science course is designed to prepare students for the rigors of high school science. Because it is an introductory level course to physical science, there will be much guidance along the way, but independent learning will be incorporated and encouraged. Some topics covered during this semester course include the scientific method, the structure and states of matter, elements, compounds, mixtures, physical and chemical changes, atomic theory, basic mechanics, and Newton’s Laws of Motion. The class will emphasize laboratory-based learning, attention to detail, and introduces students to the process of collecting and analyzing data, as well as discussing the implications of what they have observed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare detailed lesson plans, using the school’s ESLRs in planning and preparing them.
- Clearly instruct the students in the classroom, using a variety of teaching methods to reach every student with the material.
- Grade all assignments, tests, quizzes, and projects in a timely manner, using the grading scale provided by the school.
- Keep an accurate record of all grades for each student, submitting them to the Registrar in a timely manner.
- Keep an accurate record of all attendance and tardies for each student.
- Communicate with parents on an “as needed” basis regarding their student’s academic or behavioral status in the class.
- Check voice messages and emails daily, at a minimum.
- Return phone calls and emails within 24 hours.
- Keep an accurate record of all communications with parents.
- Record the day’s or week’s homework on Veracross for access by students and parents.
- Coordinate field trips and special events, as needed.
- Maintain discipline in the classroom to insure maximum learning.
- Attend Grade Level and Department meetings, as scheduled.
- Provide an uncluttered, healthy, and neat area that promotes a good learning and working environment.
- Always keep an emergency lesson plan and current substitute folder in case of an unexpected absence.
- Advise the Department Lead as soon as plans to be away from the classroom are being considered.
- Lead a daily student homegroup (full-time teacher requirement).
- Attend the Staff Retreat every year, as scheduled by the Administration.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- Commitment to serving Christ
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field
For more information go to http://www.tka.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Early Education TeacherCommunity 54:13 dba Children's Promise Centers
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 21
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Family Teaching Couple (House Parents)The Children's Home
- Amarillo, Texas
- September 14
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
The King's Academy
Located in Sunnyvale, CA, The King’s Academy is a private Christ-centered college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The school was established in 1991. The King’s Academy is for students who have teachable hearts and coachable spirits. We offer a loving, family environment where students are encouraged to grow in their relationships with Jesus, their family, teachers, and others. We are committed to developing God’s best for each student spiritually, academically, morally, and socially through every program an More...