Position: Director of Finance for Water Missions International
Water Missions International (WMI) is a Christian Ministry. Our mission is to provide access to safe water and an opportunity to hear the good news of eternal salvation through Jesus Christ to the hundreds of millions of people throughout the world who lack these basic essentials to life.
The Director of Finance is responsible for effectively managing all of the day to day financial activities of the organization. He or she must demonstrate strong leadership skills and have a passion to improve financial metrics and partner with divisional teams to significantly grow the business.
Position Roles and Responsibilities
This incumbent is an energetic self-starter that has the ability to identify and implement best practices that will positively impact financial results and help achieve divisional goals and objectives. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee accounting staff involved in accounting, purchasing, budget preparation, and audit activities
- Manage all financial information through NetSuite, including A/R, A/P, Payroll, Inventory, and Project Cost Accounting
- Prepare routine and special financial reports for Management and Board of Directors, including F/S, Balance Sheets, Budgets, etc.
- Provide routine project cost reports to Project Managers
- Work with outside accountants to prepare tax returns and public reporting documents
- Identify and evaluate financial risks and recommend and implement measures to control risks
- Supervise investment policies and practices to ensure good stewardship of funds
- Prepare routine and special donor reports for Management and Board of Directors
- Participate with Senior Management in the development and evaluation of strategic funding ideas and initiatives
- Work with Management and Board of Directors to provide financial information for grant proposals, oversight agencies, etc.
- Ensure operational and financial procedures are in place and working. Meets regularly with the team members to keep them informed and to offer direction.
- Assist the Human Resources Director in reviewing employee benefits and make recommendations to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on the most cost effective means to provide fair and competitive benefits
- Bachelor’s degree required or master’s degree preferred in business administration or not-for-profit management
- Accounting designation preferred
- Five to ten years of professional accounting experience with three to five years of that experience in operations management with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning
- Integrity and Truth: Follows through on commitments and agreements, admits mistakes in spite of potential for negative consequences.
- Initiative: Takes action without being asked or required to do so, operates well in situations when the consequences of decisions and actions are unclear.
- Decisiveness: Makes decisions in a timely manner when the options and consequences are clear, takes charge of a group when it is necessary to facilitate action or a decision.
- Concern for Quality: Carefully prepares materials, approaches and resources. Monitors accuracy, quality and takes action to correct mistakes.
- Continuous Improvement: Regularly analyzes systems, processes and performance trends to identify opportunities for improvement. Shares best practices and provides others with tools and approaches to solve problems and improve processes.
- Relationship Building: Develops rapport easily with a variety of people, modifies communication style to fit the personality and cultures of others.
- Results Orientation: Set stretch goals, strives to achieve goals, and develops standards against which to measure behavior and performance.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Accounting ManagerFirst Baptist Church Atlanta
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 3
- Winchester, Virginia
- August 9