DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP MINISTRY
North Shore Community Church (PCA)
Oyster Bay, NY 11771
The Director of Worship Ministry will demonstrate a strong commitment to Jesus Christ while developing and implementing a music ministry that enhances the worship of God and whole ministry of the church.
The Music Director, while answerable to the Session (Elders), is accountable to the Pastor. As a member of the staff, the Worship Director will also interface regularly and cooperatively with other staff members, and the congregation. Time requirement is a minimum of 10 Hours per week.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Overall accountability for the total music ministry of the church, including the following:
- Leading the worship band/vocal team/congregation on the Lord’s Day.
- Lead rehearsals with the worship band/team
- Screen and approve musicians and vocalists who wish to assist in our worship.
- Planning the weekly service in coordination with the pastor
- Maintain our “Planning Center” website.
- Lead special seasonal music (including hiring musicians as needed)
- Secure substitutes to provide music leadership when needed
- Understand and advise on all aspects of technology used in worship
2. Purchase all music, supplies, equipment, and supervise their maintenance
3. Select music from sacred, classical, traditional, contemporary, and other resources
4. Attend church staff meetings when available and regular worship planning meetings (monthly)
5. Assist in the development of the annual music budget
6. Contribute articles to the newsletter or web site promoting the worship ministry of the church.
7. Participate in and encourage music outreach to the community
8. Grow and develop the music ministry in line with the mission of the church
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED Personal Attributes
v Strong commitment to Jesus Christ
v Good verbal and written communication skills
v The flexibility to consider, assess, and implement new and innovative methods and programs to enhance the musical ministry and worship of the church
v Effective planning and organizational skills
v Proficiency in music direction
v Proficiency in an instrument is preferred
v Ability to sight read music
v Ability (or willingness to learn) to read chord charts and/or play by ear desirable
v Familiarity with contemporary sacred, traditional, classical, worship music
v Knowledge of sound equipment
v Awareness of CCLI issues
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Seasonal Processing Center Associate - Operation Christmas ChildSamaritan's Purse
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- October 12