The Provision Ministry Group is a family of non-profit ministries serving Christian churches and ministries across the United States and around the world. Provision was established in 2003 to provide direction, leadership and support services to a growing
family of ministries that began with Church Development Fund in 1953.
Today the “Ministry Partners” in the Provision Ministry Group provide financial resources, management services and leadership support through investment options, church loans, new church planting, legacy church guidance, donor advised funds, church staffing,
real estate services, construction consultation, master planning and church site design. We invite you to explore our site and learn more about Provision.
This position is responsible for general accounting functions for Provision and its subsidiaries. The emphasis of this position is cash management and WIP reconciliation, but may include any of the following; accounts receivable, payables, cash payments,
journal adjustments, cash receipts, monthly reports, and reconciliations, while adhering to and complying with all corporate policies, procedures and all other federal regulations.
- Post, reconcile and report cash flow activity on a daily basis
- Perform daily WIP reconciliation
- Remit withholding and sales taxes
- Prepare monthly financial reports as assigned
- Responsible for preparing monthly reconciliations and journal entries as assigned
- Track and report on various funds
- Adhere to all company and corporate policies and procedures, improving or creating new procedures as required
- Assist in both internal and external audit schedules and supporting documentation requests
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned
- A living, vital faith in Jesus Christ
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years accounting experience in a mid-sized company
- Detail-focused with the ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency using Word, Excel and accounting software programs
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Strong oral and written skills
- Experience in a non-profit organization
- Experience in cost accounting and/or fund accounting
- Experience with Microsoft GP, Phoenix, Deltek Vision and Maxwell ProContractor accounting softwares
This position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking reaching, twisting, turning, bending, and stooping in the performance of daily office activities. It also requires grasping, repetitive hand movements and fine coordination in providing financial
reports and data using a computer keyboard. Additionally, the position requires near vision in reading computer. Hearing is required when communicating by phone and/or in person. The need to lift, draft, and push files, paper and documents weighing up to
25 pounds is also required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel