The Director’s primary responsibility is to promote the Mission Statement of Highlands Christian Academy within the local community, in an effort to bring individuals, associations, and corporations alongside Highlands to support financially and otherwise
in effectively carrying out the Mission Statement.
The Director is accountable to the Business Manager and is responsible for developing, planning, organizing, and coordinating the Academy's development efforts. This will primarily focus on marketing & public relations, fund raising and student recruitment.
The Director shall provide oversight and direction for the work of the Student Recruitment Director and the Communications Director, ensuring that the campus and community-wide marketing plan is consistent with the Academy’s strategic plan.
- The Director must be a born-again Christian, with high moral integrity, and in complete agreement with the philosophy of Highlands Christian Academy and with the Grace Baptist Church statement of faith
(see www.highlandschristian.org for these documents). As a part of employment, all new hires will become active members of Grace Baptist Church unless they are currently active members of another local church of like faith and practice.
- The Director will preferably have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent life and work experience.
- The Director should have a minimum of two years’ experience in the development field, possess a self-sufficient, take-charge nature, with excellent written and speaking skills and the ability to communicate publicly the organizational mission.
- The Director must have the ability to multitask; developing and coordinating short, mid and long-term events simultaneously, and directing support personnel in the same manner.
- The Director must have the predisposition to be an innovative thinker, considering out-of-the-box solutions to challenging issues; translating actions and goals into a workable plan, energizing support staff to accomplish tasks at hand, and delegating responsibilities
- The Director must be able to supervise the development department and keep all team members focused on the goals, while ensuring they are continually on target and motivated.
To submit a cover letter and resume, or for a full job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org