Rainier Christian Schools (RCS) is accepting resumes for its Superintendent position. RCS has three elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school located throughout South King County, Washington. It has a vision to “develop the whole person for
the glory of God” by serving 675 students and their families. The Superintendent is the spiritual, educational, financial, and administrative leader of RCS. The Superintendent's chief responsibility is to promote the continuous Christian walk and growth of
students, faculty, and staff. The Superintendent is to provide visionary, pastoral, and biblically sound spiritual leadership to RCS. As the education leader, the Superintendent is responsible for improving student achievement; setting high learning expectations;
and developing, communicating, and implementing a vision for comprehensive school improvement. The Superintendent is to provide leadership in the development of the financial and physical resources of RCS. Candidates need a proven ability of financial stewardship
and management. The Superintendent is to lead the administrative team to ensure unity, cooperation, and problem resolution; shepherd and support the administration and staff spiritually at RCS; provide biblical accountability and discipleship; and ensure
that RCS policies are implemented at all levels. The Superintendent's leadership enables the staff and faculty to serve the needs of the student to whom God has entrusted to RCS.
The Superintendent is accountable to the RCS Board of Directors for the continued operation of RCS in accord with Biblical principles and the policies adopted by the Board. This is a twelve month position with a salary range of $65,000 to $79,000 DOE. Benefits
include medical paid 100 percent by employer, 50 percent tuition discount, sick leave, and vacation. Resumes may be sent to the RCS Board of Directors at email@example.com.
The Superintendent carries the full obligation of implementing the policies of the RCS Board of Directors. In addition there are specific tasks that have been assigned by the Board to the Superintendent. These tasks include but are not limited to:
- Identifying, hiring, evaluating, disciplining and/or termination of Administrators and other supervisory personnel.
- Develop and propose the salary schedule for the Administration, faculty, and staff.
- Oversee and provide guidance in the hiring, training, discipline and dismissal of faculty and staff by the Administrators.
- Act as the focal point for the administrative team in preparation of the annual budget.
- Provide leadership in the development of the educational programs, including but not limited to, curriculum enrichment and integration, accreditation, teacher skills enhancement, resource acquisition and maintenance.
- Provide leadership in the development and use of facilities, including acquisition, building and maintenance.
- Act as the lead representative of RCS in educational, governmental, civic, community, and church forums.
- Provide leadership in the managing of RCS finances to ensure that expenditures are in line with the approved budget.
- Handle serious discipline issues.