Overview of Position
With oversight of the Noé Board of Directors, the Development Director is responsible for creating and leading a major development campaign that contains a master plan, specific goals, implementation details, calendar scheduling with deadlines, and measurements
for success. The Development Director is responsible for attaining annual fundraising goals as established by the Board of Directors.
- Revitalize or replace current fund raising models. Solicit major gifts, endowments, and grants. Manage the fund raising campaign and events while delegating details to volunteers.
- Cultivate, retain, and expand the current NOE donor base. Build personal relationships with supporters and major donors. Tie these individuals into activities and participation.
- Develop strategic partnerships. Leverage current and identify new church partners, event sponsors, and business partnerships to promote and support the organization.
- Build overall organization awareness and strengthen the Noé brand through marketing initiatives. Identify need for rebranding activities.
- Cultivate, retain, and expand existing volunteer base.
- Leverage and build capabilities of Giftworks database to identify and segment donors/supporters.
- Create an organizational cadence for communication to donors, key supporters and volunteers.
- Oversee and coordinate large scale communications (including newsletter, mailings, social media, email etc).
- Maintain ongoing communications with donors, key supporters and supporting organizations.
- Creatively seek new means of effective communication.
General Qualifications / Experience: The ideal candidate will be highly dependable, autonomous, proactive, creative, organized, flexible, passionate for ministry, and a team player, with excellent oral and written communication skills. S/he
will be dedicated to Noé International ministry, a faithful follower of Jesus Christ, and a believer and practitioner of biblical principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Non-Profit work experience - Proven Track record
- Demonstrated results in directing and managing successful fund-raising
- Skills in event planning, grant writing, donor relations, and team development
- Talent for public speaking and community networking
- Aptitude for details and analytical capabilities while visioning “the big picture”.
- Demonstrated integrity, sound judgment, and confidentiality