The Marketing Copywriter is a hands-on contributor who can quickly and efficiently develop original and effective communication for direct emails, banners, promotions, and other marketing materials. This position will be an integral member of the Marketing
team, work collaboratively with the Sales, Editorial, and Development teams and report to the Director of Marketing. The Marketing Copywriter is responsible for conceptual development and copy deliverables for all media. This includes web sites, social media,
banner ads, customer relationship management, mobile, and tablet.
A solid familiarity with trends in online marketing, advertising and the digital space is required. The senior copywriter should be able to write strong conceptual copy for brands, as well as have a critical eye and be prepared to help with certain editorial
tasks, such as proofreading and correction. The Marketing Copywriter should be able to write strong conceptual copy for brands, as well as have a critical eye and be prepared to help with certain editorial tasks, such as proofreading and correction checks.
The writer must be versatile in their ability to alter the voice of specific copy needs across multiple websites and campaigns, while maintaining the brand tone as they move quickly and comfortably between projects. Writer must be detail-oriented, and able
to write highly-responsive messaging with compelling calls-to-action. We're looking for someone who thrives on taking initiative and takes pride in overachieving.
* Write clear, concise and strategic messaging (to include direct emails, banners, promotions, and other marketing materials) that drive business results, support key marketing initiatives and inspire action
* Write user-centric copy that uses the appropriate voice for a particular customer or website
* Drive and manage projects internally; gain approvals from internal partners and Director of Marketing
* Attend kick-offs and creative reviews and collaborate with the marketing and sales team to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
* Condense significant amounts of messaging into succinct consumer communications
* Work closely with peers in design, marketing and development while maintaining and upholding each web brand to ensure a consistent tone and style across all forms of communication
* Continually ascertain workflow efficiency and accurate completion of projects according to deadlines
* Additional responsibilities as requested by Manager
* 2+ years advertising copywriting experience with at least 1 year email marketing, banners, direct mail and promotions experience
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, marketing, advertising, or communications preferred. Equivalent years of direct experience considered.
* Highly motivated with passion for writing creative, strategic website, marketing, and advertising copy
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle different writing demands while adhering to hard deadlines
* Critical thinker with the ability to align creative concepts with marketing strategies
* Proven ability to balance brand voice with direct response effectiveness and performance
* A solid understanding of online marketing principles, web trends, and new technologies
* Ability to work effectively as a member of an internal creative team contribute to strategic brainstorming, campaign development, and creative execution
* Exceptional language, grammar and creative writing skills
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Excellent project management skills
* Experience writing for an online publisher and/or media company
* Experience writing for a faith-based and/or Christian publication or website
Please email resume, cover letter, salary requirement and portfolio link/URL to email@example.com.