DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL OF MISSIONS – Faith Christian Community
Key numbers in 2013 (FY ending 9/13):
Average weekly attendance: 1,392
Total Giving: $3.62 M
Global Mission Budget: $632,000
Local Mission Budget: $126,000
Poorest of the Poor program: $67,000
Countries represented at Faith Christian: 44
Mission trips: 13
Geographic Scope: Local, Global and Alaska
Partners in: Burma; Guatemala; Gonaives, Haiti; India (North and South); Sumatra, Indonesia; Mexico; Jasaan, Natubo, San Isidro, Initao, and Davao City, Philippines; Irkutsk Oblast, Russia, Maiwut County, Sudan; Mbabane, Swaziland; Chaing Mai, Thailand;
Lahu, Akha, Lisu, and other hill tribe peoples of Northern Thailand, Burma, Southern China, Laos, and Cambodia. Trans World Radio.
Alaska partners: Alaska Christian College; Arctic Barnabas - aviation; Life Promotions – speakers for youth; Send North - church planters
Faith Christian Community’s vision for accepting the Great Commission is to advance God’s kingdom by sustainable, wholistic, and transformation development of the diverse individuals represented in our local church, of our local diverse
communities, and extended to their represented global Nations.
1. Establish a new School of Missions based on principles of sustainable, wholistic asset-based development.
2. Collect, maintain, and build curricula for identified groups and identify faculty to teach each curricula using culturally appropriate methods
3. Teach: “senders,” “prayers,” and “goers” so that they can “get out into the field quickly.”
4. Facilitate the matching of those who express a desire to participate in local and global missions with appropriate opportunities.
Really Useful Experience (minimum):
Seven (7) years or more experience in Christian mission programs (seasoned). BA in social sciences, public health, or related field, or “real world” experience which has provided the equivalent education. EOE.
- navigates life with God in Christ through active prayer
- deep Scriptural fluency through formal ministry training
or other documented method (does not have to be clergy)
- seasoned experience in Christian mission programs
- problem solving skills and creativity
- interpersonal skills include humor and joy
- exceptional and proven cross-cultural communication
- strong administrative / logistical /partnering skills
- ability to develop content for social media, FCC website
and other outreach channels
- desired: computer database management, MS Office
- fluency in non-English language(s) helpful
Faith Christian Community is establishing a new School of Missions based on the principles of sustainable, wholistic, Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD) by partnering and walking with the people of God in each location. The Director of the School of
Missions will be responsible for establishing a program which brings greater cohesion to FCC's mission effort. He/she will provide appropriate training programs to promote the growth of the mission both in terms of size and effectiveness. Faith Christian Community
is non-denominational. (www.faithak.com)
We seek to promote the integration of evangelism and discipleship with asset-based community development in order to enhance the dignity of people in God's image. We encourage practices that build local ownership and long term solutions that break the cycle
of poverty and disease. For overview of the mission school vision see: http://bit.ly/1jdx3cM Familiarity with Dialogue Education adult learning and The Chalmers Center book:
When Helping Hurts, is helpful.
Anchorage is surrounded by six mountain ranges. Chugach State Park to the east is the third largest state park in America - a half-million acres of accessible hiking, skiing, camping, wildlife viewing, snow machining, rafting, and climbing. It has four wolf
packs, 250 black bear, 60 brown bear, 1000+ moose as well as mountain goats, eagles, and Dall sheep. Beluga whales frequent Cook Inlet. People frequent the Performing Arts Center and the Alaska Native Heritage Center.
Flight time: Seattle 3:30, Salt Lake 4:30, Los Angeles 5:30, Minneapolis 5:30, NYC 9:30+stop, Atlanta 9:30+stop,
Honolulu 6:00, Frankfurt 9:30, Tokyo 17:50+stop Anchorage population: 298,610 (2012) Alaska pop.: 731,449 (2012)
To respond to this posting:
Please send resume & a 150 word (maximum) statement describing your most significant professional accomplishment in missions.
Use any of the following methods:
U.S. Mail: Faith Christian Dir/SOM Search, c/o Pearson Consulting, 3941 Starburst Circle, Anchorage, AK 99517
Phone: +1 (907) 952-3498 -- Tim Pearson and Rev.Beverly Short, Search Consultants
Position Open: February 2014 Position Closes: March 15, 2014 (date of next review)