The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for all of Every Generation Ministries (EGM) external communication including fund development tools, website, social media and other forms of communication. The Communications Coordinator will work closely
with the EGM ministry team to communicate God’s love for children and His church through a variety of communication channels.
Role and Responsibilities
- Works with EGM ministry team to create an annual communications plan including fund development, social media, e-mails, website, blogs and all other elements of a full communications plan. The Communications Coordinator is then responsible for the
implementation and evaluation of all elements of the plan. As such, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for effectively communicating consistent key, strategic messages across print and electronic media.
- Writes and edits EGM fund development tools including grant proposals, seasonal appeals, major donor communications and the EGM Case Statement.
- Manages, oversees and develops strategies to enhance EGM’s public profile primarily through social media. Generates public interest thru social online media. Plans, directs, and implements social media communications activities.
- Creates and executes e-Mail marketing programs. Assists in the development of communication plans. Creates designs and layouts for website, email communications, online interfaces, marketing campaigns and mass mailings. Selects and arranges photos,
type, illustrations and color.
- Writes and/or edits, proofreads, fact-checks, and coordinates production of a variety of marketing communications materials including brochures, web copy and newsletters. Manages broadcast e-Mail distributions. Rewrites or modifies copy to clarify
meaning and to conform to EGM style guidelines.
- Works with the President to develop appropriate internal communications tools including the writing, editing of reporting information and creation of the President’s Report as well as other presentations to the staff and board of directors.
- Oversees the writing, editing, updating and placement of content and navigational links on website. Collaborates with website developer regarding website design and capabilities.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- All of the general qualifications found in the EGM Ministry Manual.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and copy-writing skills, editing, proofreading, presentation and interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with social media platforms, web and internet-based communications including and awareness of new/emerging technologies and how to use them.
- Understanding of internal or external branding.
- Works and writes well and accurately under pressure; ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- A strong sense of cultural awareness and the ability to work with people across the globe.
- Proficiency with Facebook, Instagram as well as software applications including MS Office; familiarity with html and web editing skills.
- Build trust and credibility as a communications partner and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people at all levels, often in virtual teams spread across multiple time zones.