Staff Accountant Position
Salem Communications (NASDAQ:SALM) is a leading U.S. radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties,
Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives™, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network™, a leading Internet provider of Christian content
and online streaming; and Salem Publishing™, a leading publisher of Christian-themed magazines. The company owns and operates approximately 100 radio stations, including stations in 23 of the top 25 markets. We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant
to join our accounting team at our headquarters in Camarillo, CA.
A Staff Accountant must be able to prepare monthly financial statements, maintain and update various balance sheet schedules. Analyze financial statements and deal with management on monthly closing processes. Process & post A/R and Cash; Accounts Receivable
analysis and reporting. Interface directly with station general managers on the monthly closing process; Analyze general ledger, process journal entries and other tasks and duties that may be assigned. Assist in quarterly and year-end financial reporting.
- The ideal candidate must be able to analyze general ledgers, process journal entries, update schedules and interact with managers and co-workers.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting.
- Must have 3 years of experience in accounting.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, proficiency with computer spreadsheets and general ledger accounting software.
- Experience with BI 360 Reporting Software highly desirable.
- Ability to perform all accounting functions as needed
Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
If you possess these qualifications and Salem Communications sounds like the company for you, please submit your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (805) 383-4353.
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.