- Work directly with Director to facilitate required daily duties and responsibilities.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Duties also include fielding telephone calls, filing, and data entry. Will assist with overflow work from Director.
- Relieve Director of administrative detail
- Coordinate workflow
- Take initiative
- Keep projects on schedule
- Arrange callbacks to protect Director’s time and screen to control interruptions.
- Perform duties with confidentiality in mind and assures discreet handling of all business.
- Marketing – minimal experience in marketing to promote the ministry and coordinate office tasks.
Minimum 2 years
Expected Hours of Work:
Full time-minimum 40 hours per week
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Managing Processes
- Analyzing Information – detail oriented
- Communication skills – oral, written, verbal
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Problem Solving
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand the ethical behavior and practices of Blue Mountain Christian Retreat and ensure that these practices/policies are followed by yourself and other staff.
- Build Relationships & Foster Teamwork: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others in order to reach the goals of BMCR.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear manner in order to relay messages that need to be understood by staff and guests. Personable and friendly having good customer service skills.
- Focus on Guests Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to their needs.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance and urgency of a problem or situation, in order to make clear decisions which are timely and have the best interests of BMCR.
- Plan: Determine strategies to allow BMCR to thrive and reach goals set. Work well independently.
Leading by Serving
- Those who serve at Blue Mountain Christian Retreat consider it a special calling to bless the Body of Christ and are committed to the mission and ministry philosophy of the Retreat.
Physical demands of work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
¦ Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to almost constantly moving by either standing, walking, using hands, bending, lifting tables & chairs, climbing stairs, balancing, stooping, kneeling. Seeing,
talking, hearing and sitting are also required. There is a lot of repetitive motion. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
¦ Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time, but mostly works inside.