- Work directly with Director to facilitate required daily duties and responsibilities.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Duties also include fielding telephone calls, filing, and data entry. Will assist with overflow work from Director.
- Relieve Director of administrative detail
- Coordinate workflow
- Take initiative
- Keep projects on schedule
- Arrange callbacks to protect Director’s time and screen to control interruptions.
- Perform duties with confidentiality in mind and assures discreet handling of all business.
- Marketing – minimal experience in marketing to promote the ministry and coordinate office tasks.
Minimum 2 years
Expected Hours of Work:
Full time-minimum 40 hours per week
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Managing Processes
- Analyzing Information – detail oriented
- Communication skills – oral, written, verbal
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Problem Solving
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand the ethical behavior and practices of Blue Mountain Christian Retreat and ensure that these practices/policies are followed by yourself and other staff.
- Build Relationships & Foster Teamwork: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others in order to reach the goals of BMCR.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear manner in order to relay messages that need to be understood by staff and guests. Personable and friendly having good customer service skills.
- Focus on Guests Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to their needs.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance and urgency of a problem or situation, in order to make clear decisions which are timely and have the best interests of BMCR.
- Plan: Determine strategies to allow BMCR to thrive and reach goals set. Work well independently.
Leading by Serving
- Those who serve at Blue Mountain Christian Retreat consider it a special calling to bless the Body of Christ and are committed to the mission and ministry philosophy of the Retreat.
Physical demands of work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
¦ Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to almost constantly moving by either standing, walking, using hands, bending, lifting tables & chairs, climbing stairs, balancing, stooping, kneeling. Seeing, talking, hearing and sitting are also required. There is a lot of repetitive motion. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
¦ Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time, but mostly works inside.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Personal AssistantFamily First Life Tri-State
- West Orange, New Jersey
- October 25
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Administrative Assistant to Dean's SuiteTrinity Law School
- Deerfield, California
- October 13
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Blue Mountain Christian Retreat
Christian Camp & Conference Center