Title: Senior Digital Developer Department: Marketing
Reports To: Director, Digital Communications Status: Full time, Non-Exempt
The Senior Digital Developer exists to help develop and execute the ministry’s overall digital strategies, both web and app-based, assist in the coordination of marketing campaigns using robust experience in the non-profit or faith-based industry, and work to increase ministry revenue and brand awareness in the marketplace. This role is geared for an online digital generalist that has crossover skills in the following areas: standard web development coding abilities, design, and website editorial.
- Works closely with digital team and other members of the Marketing Department to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of organizational deliverables.
- Develops site content and graphics by coordinating with marketing team, copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio and video embeds, etc.
- Coordinates as needed with external development team and other digital vendors that help support Family Talk’s digital communications.
- Solid understanding of user experience trends and best practices in this area.
- Secures weekly and monthly statistics as requested.
- Converts raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes within applicable best practices and industry web development standards. Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Communicates to leadership with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engages in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service.
- Alerts colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our owned site(s)
- Stays plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Develops innovative, reusable web-based tools and apps/widgets for activism and site engagement.
- Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Manages internal and external resources to ensure that campaigns are executed accurately, effectively and within budget.
- Works collaboratively with internal groups to identify database-marketing opportunities to more effectively reach potential constituents.
- Manage website and assist in coordination of digital-based campaigns with development of landing pages.
- Establishes marketing project schedules (work-streams, milestones and deliverables) and manage progress to ensure timely delivery.
- Understands Internet marketing and works closely with our Email Specialist.
- Emphasizes quality and works with the divisional leadership to ensure that established standards and processes are used
- Strives for continuous improvement in systems and processes in information reporting
- Performs application testing as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the ministry; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Family Talk’s ministry in prayer; demonstrates behaviors aligned with Family Talk’s core values.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- BA degree in IT or MIS, or equivalent certification/mastery in Web Development and Design.
- 5 – 7 minimum years of related experiences is required.
- Prior web development and management with systems back-end experience is a must.
- Solid background in web development with cross-over skills in web editorial/graphic design preferred.
- Solid understanding of Content Management Systems.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Self-disciplined, self-motivated, flexible, approachable, and creative
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully at all levels (verbal and written)
Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Good problem-solving skills
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Ability to function in a team environment
Ability to handle multiple projects and meet/adhere to strict deadlines
Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
A solid knowledge base and experience with the Search Engine Optimization process and best practices
A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
A solid understanding of standard online donation and commerce
Flexibility to respond to changing work assignments quickly and accurately
Entrepreneurial, creative and detail-oriented
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Some walking and gathering of information
Interacting with others for information gathering, training, and feedback
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation. The ministry is a dynamic work environment where positions evolve and change. Therefore, the ministry reserves the right to modify, delete or add job duties, responsibilities and skills that are stated in this job description at any time.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Web DeveloperSalem Church Products
- Richmond, Virginia
- August 18
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Family Talk Mission Statement
"To help preserve and promote the institution of the family and the biblical principles on which it is based, and to seek to introduce as many people as possible to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Specifically, the focus of the ministry is on marriage, parenthood, evangelism, the sanctity of human life and encouraging righteousness in the culture."More...