POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant and Operations Specialist
POSITION REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA STATUS: Fulltime, Non-Exempt
The Executive Assistant position exists to provide support and serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Chief Operation Officer (COO). Under the direction of the COO, the Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the Office of the President, Board of Directors, and Senior Management Teams of Family Talk.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the COO including but not limited to:
managing an extremely active calendar of appointments;
completing expense reports;
composing and preparing confidential correspondence;
arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas;
compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the COO's schedule is followed and respected.
- Provides “gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the COO's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the COO, with members of Family Talk’s board of directors, Family Talk constituents, staff, and others, on matters related to COO's programmatic initiatives. Creates or edits all COO correspondence to donors.
- Follows up on contacts made by the COO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the COO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the COO and the Office of the President and internal departments demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the COO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the organization environment and keeping the COO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization.
- Manages a variety of special projects for the COO.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting correspondence and other tasks that facilitate the COO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Attends meetings for the COO with various ministry departments to take minutes and relay overview to COO.
- Organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts and oversees special projects.
- Serves as the ministry proofreader for all direct mail, email, and web initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Board of Directors Support and Liaison
- Serves as the COO’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and Office of the President
- Assists the Office of the President for board members or visitors with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members, staff and vendors.
- Adheres to applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending required meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all-staff meetings.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to company initiatives as needed by the COO.
MANAGERIAL BREADTH/SCOPE OF JOB:
Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the Ministry; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Family Talk’s ministry in prayer. Demonstrate behaviors aligned with Family Talk’s core values.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully at all levels (verbal and written)
- Very strong interpersonal skills including ability to build relationships with donors, staff, board members, external partners and internal partners
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong research & evaluative skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and meet/adhere to strict deadlines
- Proactive approaches to problem solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team player, but also effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Flexibility to respond to changing work assignments quickly and accurately
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations
- Ability to be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred;
- Strong work tenure including 3 or more years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization;
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and has a general understanding of social media platforms.
Some walking and occasional driving
Interacting with others for information gathering, training, and feedback
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation. The ministry is a dynamic work environment where positions evolve and change. Therefore, the ministry reserves the right to modify, delete or add job duties, responsibilities and skills that are stated in this job description at any time.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Executive Assistant to the CEOChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20
Executive Admin PositionAdobe Oil & Gas
- Arlington, Texas
- September 20
Family Talk Mission Statement
"To help preserve and promote the institution of the family and the biblical principles on which it is based, and to seek to introduce as many people as possible to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Specifically, the focus of the ministry is on marriage, parenthood, evangelism, the sanctity of human life and encouraging righteousness in the culture."More...